Theme - Warriors of the Old Faith
|| Theme - Warriors of the Old Faith |
Khador & Protectorate Theme Force
Evil is best only by good, or so believe the followers of Menoth who have united in their devotion to face the Infernal invasion. And with the full conviction of their beliefs and the might of two nations, powerful Menites gather together to prove that faith and the will of the Creator can deny even evils that were foolishly invited to sow the souls of the innocent. They are certain none can prevail if they can’t.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on Warriors of the Old Faith
- 3 Other
An army made use the Warriors of the Old Faith theme force can include only the following models:
- Khador cavalry warcasters
- Protectorate cavalry warcasters
- Non-character Khador warjacks
- Non-character Protectorate warjacks
- Khador cavalry models/units
- Protectorate cavalry models/units
- Paladin units/solos
- Choir of Menoth units
- Kossite Woodsmen units
- Hermit of Henge Hold
- Manhunter solos
- Menite Archon solos
- Vassal solos
- Yuri the Axe
- War Dog solos
- Wrack solos
Full model list
This list was last updated: 2019.08 (Edit)
- Note: - You can take a warcaster that doesn't normally belong to your Faction.
- All non-character Khador and Protectorate warjacks
- Note: - Warcasters can take any mix of warjacks they like, regardless of their original Faction.
- Character warjacks can be taken, but only if they have a bond and they're in their bonded model's battlegroup.
- Choir of Menoth
- Exemplar Vengers
- Flame Bringers
- Greylord Outriders
- Iron Fang Uhlans
- Kossite Woodsmen
- Initiates of the Order of the Wall
- Champion of the Order of the Wall
- Hand of Silence
- Hermit of Henge Hold
- High Exemplar Gravus
- High Paladin Dartan Vilmon
- Man-o-War Drakhun
- Menite Archon
- Paladin of the Order of the Wall
- Uhlan Kovnik Markov
- Vassal of Menoth
- Vassal Mechanik
- Yuri the Axe
- War Dog - (Warcaster attachment)
- None (other than those listed above)
You can spend each Requisition Point on either:
- Two Vassal solos
- One other small- or medium-based solo
- All models in an army made using this theme force are considered to be both Khadoran and Protectorate models.
- Note: This means Protectorate do get access to Khador warcasters, and vice versa.
- Cavalry models in this army gain Line Breaker.
- Line Breaker - This model gets an extra die on impact attack rolls.
- You can reroll your starting roll for the game. Your starting game roll can be rerolled only once as a result of this special rule.
2019.07 Theme released
Thoughts on Warriors of the Old Faith
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Oblivion's Theme Faction mashup
The 3 themes released in Oblivion mixes up Factions in a new way, so here's a quick recap of what it means in terms of list pairings: [Show/Hide]
Warriors of the Old Faith in a Nutshell
List Building Tips
Starting with a 25 point force
If you want to try this theme but are still stuck for ideas, try this. It's been specifically designed to be relatively newbie friendly for both you and your opponent.
Other Faction models/themes
Rules Clarification: Theme Forces (Edit)
Changing Factions [Show/Hide]
Rerolling the starting roll [Show/Hide]
Warjacks/Warbeasts with bonds [Show/Hide]
Including Mercenaries [Show/Hide]
Number of Mercenaries
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
Mercenaries and Quasi-Partisans
Mercenaries and Ranking Officers
Requisition Points [Show/Hide]
Free models and Specialists (ADR) [Show/Hide]
Unit Attachments [Show/Hide]
When to apply theme benefits [Show/Hide]
Cryx - Black Industries [Show/Hide]
Protectorate - The Creator's Might [Show/Hide]
Mercenary - Flame in the Darkness [Show/Hide]
Mercenary - Llaelese Resistance [Show/Hide]
Mercenary - The Talion Charter [Show/Hide]
Circle - The Bones of Orboros [Show/Hide]
Circle - The Devourer's Host [Show/Hide]
Circle - The Wild Hunt [Show/Hide]
Skorne - The Exalted [Show/Hide]
Trollblood - Band of Heroes [Show/Hide]
Crucible Guard - Magnum Opus [Show/Hide]