Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|We have 1327 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Wrong Eye|
The bokor Wrong Eye emerges from the swamp like a shrewd, reptilian oracle. All who live in the bayous know the legend of the gatorman and hope to avoid his capricious wrath and his guardian Snapjaw. The oversized alligator is never far, lingering just submerged beneath the water's surface until goaded to battle. Unimaginably fierce when driven to a killing frenzy, Snapjaw will continue to devour until it drowns its primordial hunger in a tide of meat and blood.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
- 3 Other
- Lesser Warlock - 1) This model is not a warlock but has the following warlock special rules: Battlegroup Commander, Fury Manipulation, Healing, Spellcaster, and Transferring Damage. 2) This model must have at least one warbeast in its battlegroup at the start of the game.
- Gatorman Warlock - This model can only have Minion Gatorman warbeasts in its battlegroup.
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Swamp Hook - 2" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
|Take control of target enemy non-warcaster, non-warlock warrior model. The model immediately makes one basic attack, then Influence expires. A model can be affected by Influence only once per turn.|
|While in the spellcaster's control range, enemy models gain an additional die on attack rolls. Discard the highest die of each roll. Star-Crossed lasts for one round.|
- Companion [ Wrong Eye ] - This model is included in any army that includes Wrong Eye. If Wrong Eye is destroyed or removed from play, remove this model from play. This model is part of Wrong Eye's battlegroup.
- Bloodthirst - When it charges a living model, this model gains +2" movement.
- Man-Eater - This model can charge living warrior models without being forced.
- Bond [ Wrong Eye ] - If this model begins the game in Wrong Eye's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Wrong Eye and in their control range, when Snapjaw boxes a living model with a melee attack, it is RFP'd and either Snapjaw or Wrong Eye can remove d3 damage points.
- Bite - 1" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon
- Tail - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon
|The spellcaster cannot be targeted by ranged or magic attacks and does not block LOS. Submerge lasts for one round.|
- Other Factions
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw may be used in the following themes without using their single minion solo option:
- Hearts of Darkness (Infernals) This model/unit can only go in this theme if Crosse2 is leading the army. It becomes an Infernal model/unit in this theme.
- Disciples of Agony (Skorne)
- Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) In this theme, this Minion becomes a Blighted model. Also, enemy models that end their activation within 2" of this model suffer continuous corrosion.
- Secret Masters (Circle)
As a minion solo, they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's themes as their single allowed minion unit. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw in a nutshell
Snapjaw is a good brawler warbeast who usually gets there thanks to Submerge, while Wrong Eye provides defense against melee attacks with Star Crossed. They're a solid package for their points and need little help to do what they do.
Combos & Synergies
You want to double-down on the Star Crossed buff, whether that is with feats and spells that increase DEF, or with models that have a high base DEF. Both, if possible. That way, Star Crossed pushes the odds from "hard to hit" to "hair tearingly frustrating to hit".
- Buff Snapjaw up with Fury from Rask plus Rage from a Blackhide Wrastler and he'll kill pretty much anything. Even more so if the target was living.
- Barnabas2 with Bone Swarms can already get DEF extremely high, so combine it with WE's Star Crossed to make them nigh-unhittable.
- If you ever happen to play Ashlynn1 outside the Llaelese Resistance theme, bring her and Wrong Eye in The Irregulars. Combining Star Crossed with her feat will make attacks extremely hard to land. Also, melee assassination attempts will likely be stopped thanks to Riposte.
- Fiona the Black's feat also has great synergy with Star Crossed and she has Whiplash. Furthermore she likes a heavy on the board she does not need to fuel.
- If you put a Swamp Horror on Wrong Eye, then WE can cast Elasticity (which gives a model a 2" melee range) on a Mercenary model. Mar of the Devil's Shadow Mutineers will greatly appreciate 2" reach Berserk chains.
- They are a not very popular choice as your "up to one merc/minion solo" option, because they are pricey as hell and better solos exist for a lower price. On the other hand, Star Crossed is very powerful and you get a heavy warbeast for what you're paying, so some people still take these guys.
- Defensive feats like Fyanna2's tricks, or Riposte on Saeryn, and things get ugly pretty soon for your opponent's melee units.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Snapjaw's normal threat range is a bit low.
- Wrongeye often goes naked on Fury when casting Star Crossed and Submerge, which could get him killed if you're not extra careful.
- Anything that can remove animi without targeting models (such as Purification) make a mockery of Submerge.
- Similarly, any damage sources that don't target models (such as Electro Leap) can still hurt them while submerged.
Tricks and Tips
- If Snapjaw's preferred target is non-living and slightly out of charge range, but it's standing next to a living model, declare a charge vs that living model. Bloodthirst will let you get to your preferred target.
- Wrong Eye & Snapjaw are both Mercenary and Minion models, but if you put extra warbeasts on Wrongeye then those warbeasts will be Minion only. If that warbeast wants to cast its animus, it will often only be able to target other Minion models. Wrong Eye can cast the animus on Mercenary-only models, though.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
Warbeasts he can control
With the way Minion battlegroups work, this warlock can't simply take any Minion warbeast, and instead is limited to the following choices:
|Gatorman Warbeasts Edit)|
|Lights||Boneswarm - Bull Snapper - [Underchief Mire only: Swamp Troll]|
|Heavies||Blackhide Wrastler - Blind Walker - Ironback Spitter - Swamp Horror|
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin & Mayhem|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2020.06|
Taking Control of an Enemy Model (Edit) [Show/Hide]
Destroying the Controlled model
Taking control of an enemy Trooper (member of a unit)
Rules Clarification : Companion - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Amphibious - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Bloodthirst - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Man-Eater - None yet. (Edit)
Note to Editors