| Woldwyrd |
PEW PEW - Forest lasers
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here to read the long version.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapon(s) even while in melee, but with limitations. Click here to learn more.
- Steady - This model cannot become knocked down.
- Witch Hunter - When an enemy model declares it is casting a spell while within 10" of this model, this model may immediately make a basic attack vs that caster. If caster is killed, spell does not take effect.
- Arcane Strike - 10" range, ROF 3, POW 12 ranged attack.
| Arcane Suppression
|While within 10" of the spellcaster, when an enemy model casts a spell, increase the COST of the spell by 1. Additionally, while within 10" of the spellcaster, enemy models must pay double to upkeep spells. Arcane Suppression lasts for one round.|
- Secret Masters
- The Bones of Orboros. Woldwyrd heals 1 hitpoint during the Maintenance Phase in this theme.
The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt.
Thoughts on Woldwyrd
Woldwyrd in a nutshell
An interesting piece of tech, the Woldwyrd is a rapid-firing, mage-killing, gun on a warbeast chassis. Its animus takes all its Fury. Unlike other Wolds, it's quite zippy at SPD 7.
Combos & Synergies
- Tanith the Feral Song- Scything touch means its power is in range to hurt lights, and can ding heavies if it boosts the damage. Her myriad DEF debuffs means it can avoid boosting to hit, and instead boost damage.
- It's more a counter than a lead model itself. If you know your opponent is going to be using a lot of upkeeps it can be formidably threatening but against certain casters it utterly fizzles. Know your metagame!
- Certain armies, Cygnar in particular, rely on upkeep spells to make their stuff survivable.
- Pureblood Warpwolf- Wraithbane lets you ignore enemy upkeeps while still gaining the bonus die on to hit and damage rolls.
- They often work best in pairs.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Low hitpoints
- No serious melee game.
- It doesn't have enough fury to boost all of its shots.
- What survives it can generally charge it.
- It has Purgation but not blessed.
Tricks & Tips
- A couple of boosted Purgation shots can scare a lot of casters. Remember you can boost as well as purgating.
- Know which models cast spells that can be countered with witch hunter. Losing common models like Lanyssa Ryssl, Orin Midwinter, Aiyana and Holt or any of the warlock attachments can ruin many gameplans.
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
Other Circle models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters