|We have 1213 articles and 91% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Crucible Guard Assault Troopers (one year review)||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc (one year review)||Cinerators CA (one year review)||Exemplar Warder (one year review)|
| Winter Argus |
The savage winter argus stalk the dark, frozen hinterlands of the Scarsfell Forest and Blackroot Wood, prowling under cover of great northern storms. Gouts of gelid breath freeze the argus’ victims in place until the pack closes in for the feast. Though feared by many, the creatures are prized by northern druids for their savagery and the supernatural cold they can manifest to cripple the enemies of the Circle Orboros.
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here to read the long version.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Circular Vision - Models never gain a back strike bonus against this model.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Bite (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee attacks
- Frost Breath (x2) - 6" spray, POW 12 ranged attack
| Winter Coat
|The caster gains Immunity: Cold and Freezer for one round.|
- Call of the Wild. In this theme, when Winter Argus casts its own animus, the COST is reduced by 1.
- Secret Masters
The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt. Winter Argus gains Tracker in this theme.
Thoughts on the Winter Argus
Winter Argus in a nutshell
The Winter Argus is a cheap animus-bot with two short ranged low RAT sprays for clearing infantry, or freezing harder targets with a lucky crit. Its animus generally means opponents might devote effort to killing it in melee or just shooting it to death.
Combos & Synergies
- Baldur2 ups its DEF and ARM with Rock Wall and Roots of the Earth, respectively. Using both seriously increases its survivability in melee, and if your opponent wants to kill it they'll likely over-commit to avoid being Stationary the next turn.
- Kromac1 can use its sprays to trigger Warpath, although you're generally better off using more accurate attacks.
- Morvahna2 increases its defense against shooting via Fog of War, and allows you to reroll attack rolls to help get that Crit Stationary.
- Tanith increases its accuracy via Affliction and melee damage with Scything Touch. Putting Admonition on it might allow you to catch enemies with 1" or less melee in a trap, backing up just enough so you can still affect them via Freezer.
- Playing it in Call of the Wild allows you to cast its animus for free.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's a special order model
- Poor general stats
- Sentry Stones & Mannikins provide more sprays for cheaper
- You need to boost every attack to hit with the sprays. Very FURY-inefficient.
Tricks & Tips
- Best used against a number of Khador warcasters or Trollblood Warlocks who like freezing people solid.
Released in Hordes: Domination (2011)
Other Circle models
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.