From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Windstorm)
| Windstorm - Cost 3, Target SELF
- 1) While in the caster's control range, enemy models suffer -5 RNG on their ranged attacks. 2) When an enemy's ranged AOE deviates from a point in the caster's control range, after determining the distance you get to choose the direction. 3) Windstorm lasts for one round.
| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Windstorm and/or Sandstorm (Edit)
- Range Modifiers (Weapons) (Edit)
- If a weapon puts down a template "within X inches" (such as Covering Fire) then you can't change that, because it's not a RNG. (Infernal Ruling)
- If a weapon's RNG is reduced to zero, it cannot be used to make attacks. Refer to 'Weapon Statistics', page 19 of the core rulebook.
- If a weapon has RNG = CTRL then you can't add or subtract to that range, because CTRL is not a number. (Infernal Ruling)
- Gunfighter vs RNG modifiers (Edit)
- Unlike what most people might tell you, Gunfighter doesn't have a "range", it just lets the model make ranged attacks while in melee. The gun's actual RNG is unaffected though, until you put something like Windstorm (-5 RNG) on it. Then what happens is:
- If the gun is RNG 7, Windstorm will reduce it to 2". Thus it won't affect any Gunfighter attacks.
- If the gun is RNG 6, Windstorm will reduce it to 1". Thus you can only make Gunfighter attacks vs models within 1" (if you can - charging Gunfighters may be more limited).
- If the gun is RNG 5, Windstorm will reduce it to 0". Thus you can't make any attacks as per 'Weapon Statistics' (page 19 of the core rulebook).
- (Infernal Ruling)
- See also Range Modifiers (Spells)
Pages in category "Windstorm"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.