|We have 1327 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Void Leech |
Crafted by a bokor from a bog trog that has displeased them, a void leech is a mindless servant to the gatormen, one covered in countless occult fetishes nailed through its flesh. A void leech creates a pocket of arcane static that enemy spells have difficulty piercing, and it can be forced to sacrifice its pitiful life force to unravel even potent lingering curses.
- Attachment [Minion unit with Amphibious] - This model can be added to a Minion unit with Amphibious unit.
- See the 'Thoughts On' section below for a list of units that a Leech can attach to.
- Attachment Deployment - If this model is attached to a unit with Advance Deployment, it gains Advance Deployment. If it is attached to a unit with Ambush, it gains Ambush.
- Mage Static - While this model is in formation, enemy magic attacks targeting a model in its unit suffer -5 RNG.
- Wasting Power - This model can choose to use Wasting Power at any time during its unit's activation. When it does so enemy animi & upkeep spells on models in this unit immediately expire then this model is removed from play.
- Claws - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon.
- Other Factions
- Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Void Leech
Void Leech in a nutshell
The Void Leech is a very cheap unit attachment to convince the enemy not to cast spells on your unit; both a 5 point range debuff and the ability to cancel a debilitating upkeep like Crippling Grasp. They also stop bullets.
There are only a few units Void Leeches can attach to. These are (as of 2018.07):
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers get to double dip out of the Void Leech, with the Bokor getting the corpse out of the Leech when it dies and bringing it back as a Shambler.
- Croak Raiders are advance deploying, making them a spell magnet. They also have Gang, which the leech can trigger even if it can't benefit from.
- Bog Trog Ambushers ambush or advance deploy so they get nearer to the enemy caster than most units do most games.
- Gatorman Posse are as big spell magnets as anything you field.
- Croak Trappers only ever take them as the cheapest multiple sacrificial pawn option for Rask. And if cost is your main worry to get any targets a single Bog Trog Mist Speaker hanging back with Rask will save you from the dice-spike assassination and does a lot more for Rask.
- Note that you cannot attach to the Boil Master because his pot is not amphibious.
Combos & Synergies
- At one point per model they can be 'sacrifices' for soul-and-corpse collectors like the Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron, the Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers, and the Sacral Vault.
- Rask likes cheap Void Leeches to Call To Sacrifice to.
- Barnabas, Lord of Blood likes cheap models to sacrifice to his feat and the Leech is among the cheapest.
- Bog Trog Mist Speaker provides them with +1 to hit from Veteran Leader.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- There's little point attaching more than one to a unit.
- The Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew costs as little per model and is normally more useful.
- The anti-spell ability will hardly ever come up - often the unit will go the entire game with no debuffs put on them, and even so Minions have plenty of other anti-spell options in their arsenal (like the Thrullg, Orin1, or Eilish1). This means that the Void Leech is mostly taken because you have 1 point spare, rather than because you need its abilities.
Tricks & Tips
- You can attach up to 3 Leeches to the same unit.
- The Gatorman Bokor can shunt a point of damage to a void leech, then gain its corpse token.
- Wasting Power cannot be used before the unit issues/receives an order.
Released in Blindwater CID (2017.09)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models
Rules Clarification : Void Leech
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)