|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Void Archon |
Whatever their nature and however they are connected to the gods, either hidden or lost or forgotten, void archons exist and join the fight against infernals. Some manifest as though of their own will, neither invited nor called, while others answer summoning rites and are bound by mystical chains. Those who fight alongside the Convergence are considered gifts of the Maiden of Gears. Others join skorne armies, thought to be ancestral spirits returned from the Void. Those who join the Retribution are said to be sent by Lacyr herself, proof that their vanished creator still protects her people. Cryxian lich lords bind archons that they view as greater banes, occult weapons endorsed by Toruk himself. Perhaps all or none of these purported origins are true.
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given on last update (26th April) of the CID cycle
- Mercenary - Void Archons will work for Convergence, Cryx, or Retribution.
- Minion - Void Archons will work for Skorne.
- Flight - This model ignores (almost) all terrain when moving. This model can move over other models, and ignores intervening models when declaring charges.
- Dark Shroud - While in this model's melee range, enemy models suffer -2 ARM.
- Divine Manifestation - This model is not a living model, cannot become knocked down, and never suffers Blind.
- Dual Attack - This model can make melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Entropic Force - While within 5" of this model, enemy models lose tough and cannot be healed/repaired.
- Soul Taker: Spectral Scavenger - This model can gain soul tokens. (1) When a living enemy model is destroyed in this model's command range, it gains the destroyed model’s soul token. (2) Additionally, when a friendly living model is destroyed by a continuous effect, an enemy attack, or collateral damage from an enemy attack while in it's command range, it gains the destroyed model’s soul token. (3) This model can have up to three soul tokens at any time and can spend them for the following:
- Soul Ward - Enemy models cannot gain soul tokens from friendly models destroyed within this model's command range.
This rule changed 2019.06. It now only works on friendly souls
- Void Walk - Once per activation, immediately after resolving an attack in which it destroyed a living or undead enemy model with an attack during its Combat Action, you can place this model anywhere completely within 8" of its current location.
- Void Howler - 10" spray, POW 14 ranged attack
- Void Touch (x2) - 1" reach, POW 5, P+S 13 melee attack (effectively P+S 15 because of Dark Shroud)
As a Merc/Minion model, it can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's theme forces. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
Thoughts on the Void Archon
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Dont delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Void Archon in a nutshell
The Void Archon blends some disruptive abilities with debuffs and a potent spray attack. Dark Shroud helps your models put out some additional damage, and Entropic Force keeps your opponents models locked into their damage until they move away or kill the Void Archon. Of all the Archons, the Void Archon can collect Souls and put them to good use, which is unique. Void Walk makes this Archon particularly difficult to plan for, as it will show up in some inconvenient places and spray down enemy models.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- High points cost.
- This is the only Archon Cryx players have access to, but they already have abundant access to Dark Shroud (most notably in the Dark Host theme).
- Soul Phase only lasts a turn, not a round.
Tricks & Tips
- Most activations you'll charge, spray, then blink backwards to stay safe. You'll gain souls to use for later.
- Void Walk can trigger between attacks, and it doesn't make your activation end. So if you're feeling plucky, you could charge, slice something, blink forwards, then shoot something. That's a 27" threat range on your spray.
- Use Soul Phase before you move, to make your movement easier and/or to ignore non-magical free strikes. It doesn't last during the enemy turn so there is no point triggering it after you've moved.
- Void Walk can trigger off ranged attacks.
- If you're using Dual Attack to shoot models you're in melee with, don't forget that Dark Shroud applies to ranged attacks too.
Beta rules 2019.04
Other Theme Forces
Convergence of Cyriss (Edit)
- Black Industries
- Dark Host
- The Ghost Fleet
- Infernal Machines
- Scourge of the Broken Coast
- Slaughter Fleet Raiders
Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
Other Mercenary models
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.