| Viktor Pendrake |
Professor Viktor Pendrake has become a legend in his own time. He has passed down the wisdom of years in the wild by heading up the Department of Extraordinary Zoology in Corvis but recent events have pulled him from the halls of academia. After surviving enslavement by the Skorne he returned to the west to rejoin old friends and aid his allies in their struggles for survival.
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- Animosity [Saxon Orrik] - This model cannot be part of an army that includes Saxon Orrik.
- Mercenary - Will work for Crucible Guard, or as a Cygnar.
- Minion - Will work for Circle, or Trollbloods.
- Partisan [Cygnar] - When included in a Cygnar army, this model/unit is a Cygnar model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Beast Lore (★ Action) - Nearby friendly faction warrior model/unit gains boosted attack rolls against beasts for one round.
- Dismember - If you hit a warbeast in melee you get an additional die on the damage roll.
- Duck - This model gains +4 DEF against melee and ranged attacks made by warbeasts. Warbeasts cannot target this model with free strikes.
- Chain Bola - 8" range, ranged attack that does no damage
- Lucky Bow - 12" range, POW 10 ranged attack
- Orgoth Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee attack
- As a Mercenary he can go in almost every Cygnar theme, however most of the time he will use up your "Up to one Merc solo" slot.
Flame in the Darkness
- Heavy Metal. He doesn't use your "Up to one Merc" slot in this theme. Also, he gains Reposition  in this theme.
- Sons of the Tempest
- Storm Division. He gains Immunity: Electricity in this theme.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Viktor Pendrake
Viktor Pendrake in a nutshell
Viktor Pendrake is a tech piece - he is taken for his Beast Lore which hands out a to hit buff against warbeasts. His usefulness heavily depends on the enemy you face:
- Trolls are not famed for being hard to hit in the first place, but they have a few means (Gunnbjorn's Wall template, Madrak1's Even Ground, Calandra's Bullet Dodger - especially with Star Crossed, EBDT activating near water, etc) to boost the DEF of their warbeasts to a level where you won't mind a boosted attack roll.
- Skorne Titans are low DEF models, and there are very few models who are at DEF 14, but the Basilisk Krea can cause your gunlines some trouble with its animus. That is especially true for Molik Karn, as all three incarnations of Makeda has means to push his defense to stellar levels - at least against ranged and magical attacks.
- Circle Orboros is no short on elusive beasts, premiere example are the Griffons and the Warp Wolves.
- The Legion of Everblight flyers, like the Angelius or the Seraph can be challenging to hit, especially under the feat of Fyanna2.
- Grymkin beasts have no outstanding DEF values, but The Wanderer can cast Fog of War along with Star Crossed, The King of Nothing can cast cloud wall for to-hit penalty, plus every list has access to the Ill Omens arcana, enforcing a -1 penalty to your hit-rolls after killing a Grymkin warrior model.
Combos & Synergies
- Anyone with critical effects
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's a special order model.
- Know your metagame. He's too situational for tournaments but works in leagues when you know who you will be facing.
Tricks & Tips
- The knockdown bolas is pretty good.
- Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011).
- Pendrake's Orgoth Blade is something of a "worn down", damaged, or faded Orgoth weapon. It might have been something more powerful and likely sinister at one point, but all that remains is some minimal level of enchantment, such as what makes the blade keep an edge better and to damage incorporeal creatures.
- - Doug Seacat, 2014
- This model has a limited edition sculpt, released in 2018.02.
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2019.09|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)