|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
The Vigilant’s twin fist-mounted shields make it an incredibly durable light warjack. The tremendous area covered by its towering shields provides nearly unassailable shelter from even the most devastating of enemy artillery fire. Warcasters favor the Vigilant for its great utility, not only is it like a small, mobile battlement but since it carries no weapons its hands are free to hurl enemy combatants about like ragdolls. The ‘jack’s unsophisticated weaponry and cortex make it easy and inexpensive to manufacture, ensuring its place among the Menite crusaders for years to come.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Shield Fists (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee attack.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Girded - This model and friendly models B2B with it do not suffer blast damage.
- Roadblock - This model provides cover to friendly models as if it were an obstacle. This model loses Roadblock while it is incorporeal or knocked down.
Thoughts on Vigilant
Vigilant in a nutshell
The Vigilant is a light warjack with two shields, and is exactly as annoying to remove as that would indicate.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything that gives it an ARM buff. Making it even harder for the enemy to kill.
- Initiate Tristan Durant in particular runs it well - Fortify isn't that useful on the ranged jacks he prefers but it's excellent on one that's bodyguarding your caster, providing knockdown and push immunity.
- Placing one in Durst's battle group and keeping it B2B with him makes both seriously hard to kill, as it goes to DEF 14 and ARM 25, and Durst can pass damage onto it if he's hit
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Low damage output.
- Anything with chain weapons or that can get into its back arc. (Or that can turn it round)
- The enemy can jam it in melee.
- Cover counts only for ranged and magical, but not for melee attack rolls
- Ultimate issue is his cost. While it provides interesting utility, he cost same as devout and ultimately offers more narrow use - there is still a lot of things that can bypass him as a bodyguard and while devout can still hold zones (thou with lesser ARM going for him), he can also clear chaff much better as he has stronger weapon and higher MAT. Not to mention you can just buy crusader for one more point.
Tricks & Tips
- Use it to tank the charge. Its main benefit is being hard to kill.
- One of the few jacks in faction with two open fists - always keep throws in mind. Just remember, you cannot target a model on a larger base.
Originally released in Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth (April 2010)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate models