From LOS Warmachine University
| Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack used by the Convergence. It swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node, and this changes how it gets access to focus. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's. Click here for a full rundown
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification: : Vector (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
- They don't have one.
- They're immune to all effects that specify "cortex" - for instance, the spell Domination.
- They're not immune to disruption. You cannot allocate or induct to a disrupted Vector.
Interface Node and Induction
- A Vector can induct any number of times, to any number of Vectors, as long as it has focus to spend.
- You can induct to the same Vector repeatedly, if you want.
- You cannot go over the normal focus limit as a result of Induction. Refer to the Interface Node rules in the core rulebook.
- You can induct to a Vector that has already activated. Although the only tactically-wise target is the Corollary.
- Anything which prevents a model 'gaining' focus will prevent a Vector receiving focus via Induction.
- When a Vector spends a focus to charge/run/slam/trample, it does so before movement. So you need to resolve Induction from its original position, not its final position.
- A Vector doesn't need to be in its caster's control range to give/receive focus via Induction.
- Warcasters can't Induct or be Inducted to.
- Similar to a normal warjacks, when a Vector has its Interface Node crippled it does lose the focus currently on it. (Infernal Ruling)
- You can't spend focus to buy attacks (and Induct the focus) if no one is in your melee range. (Infernal Ruling)
MAT & RAT
- Vectors use their controller's current RAT/MAT.
- The line that reads "use their warcaster's RAT/MAT" was supposed to change to "battlegroup controller" in the 2020 update. (Infernal Ruling)
- So, for things which affect RAT/MAT directly (such as Deneghra1's feat):
- If your warcaster is affected, then all of your Vectors are affected.
- If your Vector is affected, then it simply doesn't care.
- And for things which affect your attack roll (such as Positive Charge)
- There is no interaction between the caster and Vectors for 'attack roll' bonuses.
- If your warcaster is affected, then your Vectors don't care
- If a Vector is affected, then that Vector is affected (but not other Vectors)
- And for things which affect other stats (such as -2 SPD, STR, etc)
- Vectors work the same as normal models for all other stats. There is no special interaction between caster and Vectors in that regard.
Some MAT/RAT examples
- A caster has a MAT 6 and RAT 4.
- All Vectors in its battlegroup are MAT 6 and RAT 4
- In that same battlegroup, a Vector is affected by the Deneghra1's feat (affected models suffer -2 RAT & MAT).
- That Vector remains MAT 6 and RAT 4.
- In that same battlegroup, the caster is affected by the Coven's feat.
- All Vectors become MAT 4 and RAT 2.
Vectors in non-Convergence factions
- If Aurora2, Nemo4, or Asphyxious4 die while controlling a Vector:
- The Vector remains whatever Faction it started the game as.
- If the Vector is re-activated by a 'Jack Marshal, its new MAT/RAT score will be 0. If the 'Jack Marshal then dies, the MAT/RAT remains 0.
- (Infernal Ruling)
See also the basic training article: LPG - Convergence
Pages in category "Vector"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.