Vassal of Menoth
| Vassal of Menoth |
The unclean sorcerous technology of warjacks is forbidden to most who serve the Protectorate, but the ruling Synod has sanctioned the collection of wizards and mechaniks known as the Vassals to sully their souls with the power necessary to construct the weapons of modern war. Mostly captured from foreign lands, the Vassals sometimes take the field and lend direct arcane support to the warjacks they helped fashion to subjugate their former countrymen.
|Vassal of Menoth|
- Iron Sentinel - While B2B with a friendly Faction warjack, this model gains +2 DEF and ARM and cannot become knocked down.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
| Arcane Bolt
|This spell has zero special effects.|
|Target friendly Faction warjack in command range is no longer Disrupted (if it was) and gains 1 focus point.|
|Target friendly Faction warjack/warbeast in command range. The next time it suffers damage from an enemy attack (except while advancing), after the attack is resolved it may make a full advance. Enliven expires when it is used, or after one round.|
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Vassal of Menoth
Vassal of Menoth in a nutshell
The Vassal of Menoth helps the focus management/disruption of your jacks with Empower, and helps their survivialability/maneuverability with Enliven. Although he has a magic attack, with no way to boost the roll it's really not a real threat.
Combos & Synergies
- He's a warjack support solo, so he works well with any warcaster that likes to take a bunch of jacks. Oh hello Mk3, didn't see you there. What's that you say? That's every warcaster now? Ok.
- Enliven stacks nicely with Amon's ability to give Parry and Steady. You can take one punch on the chin, then walk away without suffering a free strike.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's not that popular, he's effectively 3 points for one extra focus a turn. Enliven sounds good on paper but it doesn't ignore free strikes so doesn't save you from melee. Also Enliven has to be used the next time the warjack is damaged or not at all. You can't save it for later.
- Victim stats - unless he has Iron Sentinel even an Electro Leap will kill him.
- Short range on his CMD-based abilities.
Tricks & Tips
- You can use Enliven defensively to extricate your warjack from a fight in the following turn. Or you can use it offensively to jam your warjack even deeper into the enemy lines after it gets hurt.
- When using Enliven defensively, remember to leave an escape route behind your jack; don't move the Vassal up B2B with jack and box it in.
Released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other Protectorate models