| Vassal Mechanik |
Prayer alone does not maintain the warjacks of the Protectorate. The mechaniks who learn their trade from the Vassals of Menoth view their duties as a holy necessity. They follow the Protectorate’s warjacks into the thick of battle, using the ’jacks themselves as moving fortresses. Armed only with his tools, the mechanik’s greatest weapon is his expertise to keep the warjacks running no matter how severe their damage.
- Repair [d3+1] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d3+1 damage points from it.
- Multi Tool - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Vassal Mechanik
Vassal Mechanik in a nutshell
Cheap and expendable, the Vassal Mechanik has one purpose; repair their jacks, and keep them running in battle. They're great to add to your army when you're near the end of list construction and have a point left over.
Combos & Synergies
Really, any warjack can use his abilities. They are among your cheapest solos, so if you have spare points, why not take them?
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Dies to a stiff breeze, and he must remain close to the frontline to be of any use for you.
Tricks & Tips
- Beside jacks he can also repair the Vessel of Judgment and Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages
- He will always repair at least 2 boxes, meaning that jacks missing multiple systems can be repaired back to decent functionality.
- Have nothing to repair? Can still block charge lanes, or "be promoted" to fuel the various support mechanisms of the faction, either by charging into his death, or by other ways (Righteous Vengeance, Sacrificial Lamb, etc)
- Offers flag scoring on a budget!
- Released in Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth (April 2010)
- Often called the Menofixer due to the appearance of the Multi-tool.
- Fun fact: On average a trio of them will restore more damage than a minimum unit of Khador Battle Mechaniks.
Other Protectorate models