Useful External Links
- This page was last updated 2021.01
Quick Start links
- Army Builder
- Conflict Chamber (Online Army List Builder) (fan-made)
- Or you can use the official Army Builder app, search for "Warroom 2" on the Apple e-store and/or the Android Playstore
- 1 Privateer Press stuff
- 2 Fan Communities
- 3 Fanmade Sites & Resources
- 4 Online Retailers & Trade groups
Privateer Press stuff
The Steamroller document is official rules for running a tournament, and most players use them for "standard" games on club night, too. Steamroller modifies stuff like how long the game lasts, how scenario points are scored, and how terrain should be set out.
- Privateer Press Steamroller
- File links:
Warroom is an app for mobile devices that does a lot of stuff, some better than others. In order of importance, they are:
- Contains all the model rules
- Contains all the theme rules. (This feature is implemented poorly if you just want to browse)
- Lets you build army lists. (This feature has a couple of bugs, and in certain situations will fail to tell you the list you built has an illegal model combination.)
- Lets you track damage during a game
- Lets you link to your opponent's Warroom, so you can read their cards and watch their damage tracking. (This feature is a bit buggy, and super draining on your battery)
- Contains a copy of the rulebook. (This feature works terribly)
You can download the app for free, and it contains some models for free (the battlebox contents I think?) but you have to buy most models as in-app purchases.
- Once you pay for a Faction, any future models for that Faction will be added to your app.
- If you buy the "All Factions" option, not only do you get all the current Factions, all future Factions will be automatically added to your app too.
This league is designed to encourage new players to begin learning the game with their chosen faction’s battle box and then expand their collection over the course of six weeks. The Journeyman League rewards both the player’s in-game victories and their skill with a brush.
- Latest version: Journeyman League Rules
- Previous versions:
Judges Resolution Policy (2016)
If you and your opponent make a mistake, and you can't agree how to fix it, then this is how a judge would rule (most of the time):
Narrative Leagues & Special Events
- See also: League Models
- 2020.06 Summer Rampage '20
- 2020.01 Winter Rampage '20
- 2019.06 Summer Rampage '19 pdf
- 2019.01 Winter Rampage '19.pdf
- 2018.10 Criterion website
- 2018.06 Summer Rampage '18.pdf
- 2018.05 First Shot website
- 2018.01 Winter Rampage '18.pdf
- 2018-ish Vengeful Deeds website
- 2017.10 Longest Night website
- 2017.08 Rotten Bounty.pdf
- 2017.07 Grymkin Release Event.pdf
- 2017.06 Summer Rampage '17.pdf
- 2017-ish Feast of the Fallen website
- 2016.09 to 2017.06 Crossroads of Courage website
- 2016.06 Full Steam Release.pdf
- 2016.03 Battle for the Athanc Campaign website
Other PP Games
Refer to the Other PP Games article.
Find players in your local area
Refer to our Find your local community article.
Forums, Discord servers, etc
- Privateer Press Forums - Official forums
- CID Forums - Official forums for beta rules (new unreleased models etc).
- See also What is CID?
- Lormahordes - Unofficial forums
- Discord Servers
- Discord is a very easy to use online chatroom. It's browser based, but it'll ask if it can install an app version if you connect while on a mobile device
- Trashpandas (established 2016.02) The admins on this server prevent personal harrassment, but it's pretty much anything goes for content. It's got a bit of a "Wild West" vibe. Most people who post here are focussed on hyper-competitive lists.
- Line of Sight (established 2019.07) The admins here prevent negatively-toned criticism. It is a bit more newbie friendly than Trashpandas.
- TTS This is for people playing the tabletop-simulator TTS (see the #Fanmade Sites & Resources section below).
- Warmachine University
- Warmachine and Hordes for beginners
- Warmachine and Hordes General
- Community Builders Public group
You can also find groups for your local country, state, and/or city.
Fanmade Sites & Resources
See the Cheat Sheets article.
Vassal (Online games)
Vassal simulates a 2d table. It lets you move models and roll dice, add widgets etcetera. As of 2020.10 99% of players use War Table in preference to Vassal.
You'll need to install the "base" Vassal program plus the Warmachine "module". This article by Fryta in 2018.03 describes how to install and play Vassal in detail
War Table (Online games)
War Table is similar to Vassal, but it is browser-based so you don't need to install anything, and the interface is much more intuitive and easy to use.
- War Table official Website
- Discord (LOS server) (the best place to organise games for War Table)
- War Table - our article with more detail about it.
Table Top Simulator (Online games)
This makes a 3d version of a table. You can pick stuff up and move it around. I don't know anything about it except this link to the Discord chat server.
Conflict Chamber (Army List Builder)
Conflict Chamber is a browser-based free army builder. It is faster to load and use than Warroom is and, unlike Warroom, it doesn't make mistakes with list legality. On the other hand, it doesn't include any rules and is literally just an army builder.
And here is another site which will produce damage grids for you to print out, if you input a list made from Conflict Chamber.
There are multiple wiki sites dedicated to the lore of Warmachine and Hordes.
Tournament Winning Lists
- Discount Games Inc keeps a record of the top three player's army lists, sourced from various tournaments. If you like copying what other people are using, it's invaluable. You can even filter it by caster! Link here
Online Retailers & Trade groups
Buy Sell Swap
- USA: Privateer Press
- USA: Discount Games Inc
- USA: GameNerdz
- USA: Miniature Market
The Warstoreclosed in 2019.05
- Canada: Meeple Market - Warmachine - Hordes
- UK: Firestorm Games - Warmachine - Hordes
- UK: The Outpost
- Spain: Infernal Forge