|We have 1265 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Trollkin Warders |
Trollkin warders dedicate their lives to the defense of not just their chieftains and shamans, but also the kith and kin least able defend themselves. When warders take up defensive arms, they do so with zealous fervor. Shouting the words of their oath and the battle cries of their kriels, they challenge any who would dare harm those they are sworn to protect.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
- Wall of Steel - This model gains +2 ARM bonus while it is B2B with another model in its unit.
- Battle Weapon - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 to charge attack damage rolls with this weapon.
Thoughts on Trollkin Warders
Trollkin Warders in a nutshell
Cheap, tough, Shield Guards. ARM 21 when under the Krielstone, Warders have one real job : soak up bullets. But they can fight in melee as a second choice.
Combos & Synergies
- Krielstone helps their survivability. They want to be tough to tank incoming fire.
- Anyone and everyone you don't want shot. How useful they are depends more on your opponent than you but there is no one they don't go well with so it's hard to call out specific combos for them.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They don't hit hard for their points. Just take damage.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember they aren't bad fighters - as well as being decent shield guards.
- Shield Guard works even while you're out of formation. If you don't need them fighting next turn, spread them out and protect your high-risk models!
Released in Hordes: Gargantuans (2013)
Other Trollblood models