|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Trollkin Sluggers |
Disciplined soldiers armed with massive, belt-fed cannons, trollkin sluggers walk the battlefield blazing through ranks of foes with a withering hail of bullets. Enemy infantry is cut down in droves, and even the mightiest warbeast eventually succumbs to the concentrated fire of the sluggers’ relentless cannons.
- Slugger - 10" range, ROF d3, POW 13 ranged weapon
- Axe - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
Thoughts on Trollkin Sluggers
Trollkin Sluggers in a nutshell
They're a ranged combat unit. They prioritise hitting power and volume of fire over accuracy.
Fundamentally they have the firepower of approximately 2.0 Trollkin Highwaymen, the cost of 1.5 Highwayman, and the durability of 1.0 Highwaymen. So, what do you need? Durability or power?
Combos & Synergies
- The Hunters Grim love ranged units.
- Horgle, the Anvil finds that a full unit of them is the best ten points he can have on feat turn.
- Captain Gunnbjorn can keep ranged fire off them with his feat and his wall. Snipe is also useful for extending their threat range.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They have the damage output of a 2.0 point model (which is good), but the durability of a 1.0 point model. So for each one that dies you're losing twice the firepower that you would have if you'd put actual 1.0 point models on the table instead.
Tricks & Tips
- Stay at your max range, don't expose yourself to more incoming fire than you need to.
Released in Forces of Hordes: Trollbloods (2010)