|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Trollkin Runeshapers |
Runeshapers are among the most formidable trollkin sorcerers, having learned to manipulate stone by the power of their will. At a runeshaper’s call, rune-carved rocks rise in the air around them. Heavy stones fly at foes with deadly force while the earth itself trembles around them, bringing would-be attackers to their knees.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Trollkin Runeshapers
- 3 Other
- Advance Deployment
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn, when this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its activation, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one Magic Ability special attack or special action.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Steady - This model cannot become knocked down.
- Hand Weapon - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee attack
| Dig In
|This model gains cover, does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS. The model remains dug in until it moves, is placed, or is engaged. It can begin the game dug in.|
| Rock Hammer
|On a critical hit, models hit become knocked down.|
|Center a 4" AOE on this model. Other models within the AOE become knocked down.|
As with most Trollkin units, the Trollkin Runeshapers can take up to 3 Trollkin Sorcerers. The Sorcerer's info has been omitted for brevity.
- Power of Dhunia. Trollkin Runeshapers become FA:U in this theme.
2020.11 Vengeance of Dhunia CID
Thoughts on Trollkin Runeshapers
Trollkin Runeshapers in a nutshell
Runeshapers are an interesting three person ranged multi-wound support unit, first throwing rock hammers while going in and then trembling people over. The addition of battle wizard only partly changed how they play into infantry as they won’t crack armour, even when charging with a POW10 attack but should the first model kill its target Trembler can make sure the allies get battle wizard off slightly easier.
They are the only offensive unit in Power of Dhunia (ignoring Partisans) so they will always have a place in terms of holding zones and contesting zones in a way that back line models like the Dhunian Knot wouldn’t. But that doesn’t mean that they are not easy to kill if misplaced. Armour 15 and 5 boxes can be killed by a pow 10 charge or pow 12 shot on average dice. So don’t move out of Krielstone range.
Combos & Synergies
- Janissa Stonetide brings Veteran Leader for them.
- Krielstone - really helps with multi-wound infantry with +2 ARM. Incidentally the Shapers don't really benefit from either UA, so you can save 3 points.
- Dhunian Knot - If you can stand in the prayer circle you can more reliably get a crit off.
- Dhunian Archons can heal them every time something else in your list dies.
- when added to the above a Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers can form a never ending cycle where dying Shamblers heal Shapers and dying Shapers make new Shamblers.
- Hermit - Telemetry makes them more accurate, Master of Ruin more powerful
- Grissel1 - Calamity makes them more powerful AND more accurate.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Dig In can be a trap. If you don't get far enough up the board you won’t do much, advanced deployment has made this less of an issue.
- Expensive for what they do - rock hammer tries to do everything and is mediocre at it, and there are only three of them for the price of six Trollkin Highwaymen so they need to use their utility.
- a low natural threat range of 9 to trigger battle wizard. They will most likely be taking a charge not giving it.
Tricks & Tips
- Measure their placement carefully before casting Trembler. You don't want to catch your own guys.
- They come best in multiples. One unit isn't particularly effective or hard to get rid of. 5 units are, especially with he right support.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
Other Trollblood models
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)