|We have 1327 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Trollkin Runeshapers |
Runeshapers are among the most formidable trollkin sorcerers, having learned to manipulate stone by the power of their will. At a runeshaper’s call, rune-carved rocks rise in the air around them. Heavy stones fly at foes with deadly force while the earth itself trembles around them, bringing would-be attackers to their knees.
Rules subject to change.
This is a existing model/theme, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle.
If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading only.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Trollkin Runeshapers
- 3 Other
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Steady - This model cannot become knocked down.
- Hand Weapon - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee attack
| Dig In
|This model gains cover, does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS. The model remains dug in until it moves, is placed, or is engaged. It can begin the game dug in.|
| Rock Hammer
|On a critical hit, models hit become knocked down.|
|Center a 4" AOE on this model. Other models within the AOE become knocked down.|
As with most Trollkin units, the Trollkin Runeshapers can take up to 3 Trollkin Sorcerers. The Sorcerer's info has been omitted for brevity.
- Power of Dhunia. Trollkin Runeshapers become FA:U in this theme.
2020.09 Vengeance of Dhunia CID (not finalised yet)
Thoughts on Trollkin Runeshapers
Trollkin Runeshapers in a nutshell
Runeshapers are an interesting three person ranged multi-wound support unit, first throwing rock hammers while going in and then trembling people over.
Combos & Synergies
- Janissa Stonetide gives them a melee game. Charge them in (possibly boosted by a Fell Caller Hero) and have them also cast spells.
- Krielstone - really helps with multi-wound infantry with +2 ARM. Incidentally the Shapers don't really benefit from either UA, so you can save 3 points.
- Dhunian Archons can heal them every time something else in your list dies.
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers can form a never ending cycle where dying Shamblers heal Shapers and dying Shapers make new Shamblers.
- Hermit - Telemitry makes them more accurate, Master of Ruin more powerful
- Grissel1 - Calamity makes them more powerful AND more accurate.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Dig In is normally a trap. You just don't get far enough up the board.
- Expensive for what they do - rock hammer tries to do everything and is mediocre at it, and there are only three of them for the price of six Trollkin Highwaymen so they need to use their utility.
Tricks & Tips
- Measure their placement carefully before casting Trembler. You don't want to catch your own guys.
- They come best in multiples. One unit isn't particularly effective or hard to get rid of. 5 units are, especially with he right support.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
Other Trollblood models
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)