|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Troll Basher |
Wielding enormous maces made from salvaged scrap metal, the ferocious troll basher is the favored warbeast of many Northkin. Troll Bashers are quick to anger and enjoy crushing enemies before devouring them. Northkin warlocks often let their bashers run at the fore of battle. There, their wild swings can cause the greatest harm to massed enemy troops.
Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here for a newbie-friendly recap, or click here for the full rules.
- Immunity: Cold
- Regeneration [d3] - This model can be forced to remove d3 damage points once per activation. This model cannot use Regeneration during an activation it runs.
| Icy Breath
|The spellcaster gains Chiller for one turn.|
Thoughts on Troll Basher
Troll Basher in a nutshell
The Troll Basher is a cheap beatstick. A 7 point model with P+S 14 and that's frequently effectively MAT 8 - and is trollishly tough. This is either awesome and exactly what you want or you want something else entirely.
Combos & Synergies
- Rok - You don't care if you lose your basher.
- Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws - it's a cheap and hard hitting counter-charger. It’s crit effect can also ruin an enemies day when attacking out of turn.
- Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood likes lots of warbeasts to soothing song - but frequently goes for ranged units.
- Madrak2 - probably wants 1 for his berserk and overtake feat - it stacks nicely with chiller.
- Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls, Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia, Hoarluk Doomshaper, Dire Prophet, and Horgle, the Anvil can let it boost four attack rolls for a roughly 90% chance of staggering its target
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Point for point it's going to lose to heavies - hitting power matters.
- Low threat range.
- Unfortunately while the model one hands the weapon, he needs both hands to use it so no open fist additional attack.
- Because it only has 1 initial it drinks fury into infantry and when trading vs other lights.
Tricks & Tips
- It's quite effective as a DEF debuffer thanks to Chiller.
- In terms of meat for the points it's excellent and can afford to be lost.
- Stagger is at its most effective against colossals, gargantuans, and battle engines
Released in the Northkin expansion (2017.07)
Other Trollblood models
|See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.