|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Thumper Crew |
Thumper and pummeler cannons are the most powerful mobile artillery possessed by the Trollbloods. Originally naval cannons donated to the kriels, thumpers fire devastating cannonballs that punch through walls of enemy fortifications and flatten their warbeasts. The trollkin-designed pummeler instead fires devastating chain shot used for breaking troop formations from a distance, ideal for thinning enemy lines and mowing down anything in its firing arc.
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Mobile Artillery - When this model moves, it gains 1" additional movement for each Grunt nearby.
- Take Up - If this model is destroyed, you can choose a Grunt in this unit within 1" of it to be destroyed instead. Effects on this model expire, and it gains the effects on the chosen Grunt. Remove the Grunt from the table instead of this model. This model has the same number of unmarked damage boxes as the chosen Grunt.
- Tough - As above
- Axe - As above
- Kriel Company. In this theme they get to ignore friendly warrior models for LOS.
Thoughts on Thumper Crew
Thumper Crew in a nutshell
The Thumper Crew is artillery - decently long ranged and hard hitting and designed to knock down big enemy targets. It's not terribly accurate but can ding whatever it hits. Harder hitting than any of the ordinary shooting units, it does its job but the lack of boosts shows for damage.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's a special order model.
- It's light artillery - it's slow, it's squishy, and incoming fire has right of way. If the Thumper is in range then there are a lot of things that can walk into range and fire back.
Tricks & Tips
- Unlike most light artillery, the Thumper is not man sized.
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
Other Trollblood models