| Thrullg |
The reclusive Thrullg are hulking humanoids that feed on magical energy. They are drawn from the safety of their lairs by the unfettered use of magic in battles across Caen, and no spellcaster is safe in the vicinity of a living Thrullg. As if their magical appetites were not dangerous enough, these creatures' claws and tentacles can kill a man as easily as they drain arcane power.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Thrullg
- 3 Other
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- Advance Deployment
- Arcane Consumption - When an enemy model declares it is casting a spell while in this model's command range, the enemy spellcaster immediately suffers d3 damage points and this model can remove d3 damage points. If the enemy spellcaster is destroyed as a result of this damage, the spell does not take effect.
- Prowl - While this model has concealment, it gains stealth.
- Spell Ward - This model cannot be targeted by spells.
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapons
- Tentacles - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Arcane Interference - As above
This solo may be used in the following theme forces without using their single minion solo option:
- Disciples of Agony (Skorne)
- Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - In this theme, this Minion becomes a Blighted model. Also, enemy models that end their activation within 2" of this model suffer continuous corrosion.
- Secret Masters (Circle) - this model may be taken as a requisition option in this theme despite not being a Circle solo
As a minion solo, they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's themes as their single allowed minion solo. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
No changes since 2017.12
Thoughts on Thrullg
Thrullg in a nutshell
The Thrullg is a model you take when you know you want to get rid of upkeep spells. It's a decent brawler otherwise, but its primary role is to bring anti-upkeep, anti-warjack, and anti-animus tech.
Combos & Synergies
- In The Blindwater Congregation the Thrullg is available for free if you buy enough infantry. And even if the Thrullg doesn't normally justify its cost, free is a good cost for anything, and it has the joint most expensive base cost of any available model in the congregation (alongside the Totem Hunter)
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's a special order model.
- Low threat range
Tricks & Tips
- If against offensive upkeeps, hit your own model in the back to dispel the upkeep.
Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)