|We have 1356 articles and 93% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| The Wastelander |
From beyond the Stormlands comes the Wastelander. He is a ronin efaarit who has traveled to the ruins of western Immoren from the void-cursed nightmare that is the fallen Skorne Empire. The Wastelander cares not about childish ideals such as "good" or "evil"; he will work for anyone and for any reason - if the pay is good. Charging into battle with his massive mekitana, the Wastelander deflects bullets, blades, and bombs back at his assailants before slicing into them and carrying on to the next enemy in his sights.
- Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest game. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models have a deliberately goofy aesthetic.
- Minion - This model can work for Circle, Grymkin, Legion, Skorne, and Trollbloods
- Blade Shield - This model gains +2 DEF vs ranged attack rolls.
- Deflect - When an enemy model misses this model with a non-spray ranged attack, the attacking model becomes the target and is automatically hit by the attack. AOE ranged attacks that miss are centered on the attacking model. This model is the point of origin for all these attacks.
- Sprint - At the end of an activation in which it destroyed or removed from play one or more enemy models with melee attacks, this model can immediately make a full advance, then its activation ends.
- Take a Bullet - Once per round, when a friendly model is targeted by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model become the target instead. If you do, this model is considered to be in the attack's RNG and the attacker's LOS for this attack. This model cannot use Take a Bullet while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
- Mekitana - 1" reach, POW 5, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Other Factions
- Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on The Wastelander
The Wastelander in a nutshell
Ridiculous DEF coupled with Take a Bullet and Deflect, which means you can force the enemy to make an attack roll vs DEF 17 and, when they inevitably miss, they end up shooting themselves. As a result, he spends most of the game hanging around your high-value, low-DEF models (like gargantuans).
Mid to late game he can be used offensively, darting out and chopping someone's head off before sprinting back.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything that increases his DEF against shooting or gives him stealth so he is always missed by ranged attacks. Primus Jalaam has Scavengers Blessing and various casters can create clouds to hang out in.
- If any shot ever hits him you can still Shield Guard it with another model. Farrow Valkyries come to mind.
- Jaga-Jaga - Grave Wind and Signs and Portens should work very well on him. if you expect him to die the next rurn, he can also be a very decent feat target that is able to go pretty much anywhere with Pathfinder, Sprint and Parry.
- Helga2 and the Meat Thresher both have Exhaust Fumes he can hang out in for concealment. They will both appreciate him taking some shooting directed their way away from them.
- Wurmwood's Morvahna1's and Baldur1's Forest creating abilities also offer a way to up his DEF against shooting.
- Malvin & Mayhem have the Roadblock ability, granting nearby models cover. Park your Wastelander next to them to divert a shot and most likely deflect it at DEF 20 due to cover.
- Gudrun the Wasted - Another source of extra DEF against ranged attacks. It even stacks with cover or concealment.
- Swamp Gobber Bellows Crews, Rask, Kolgrimma and Jarl all have ways to drop clouds for concealment.
- Azazello loves a good Storm Rager target a high DEF model benefitting from Ripose and Duelist. Phantasm, Valkyries and Take a Bullet also make shooting based armies cry.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- if he is knocked down he is dead
- boostable guns make take a bullet very risky.
- Decapitation looks amazing on paper - but at pow10 dice it has limited return on heavy targets. It is usually better to try to take out light warjacks and warbeasts as on a average 4 dice charge you should be able to take out 1 aspect or system and weaken the retaliation.
Tricks & Tips
- Don’t overestimate his melee prowess Decapitation is amazing but he needs to be vs the right target on the charge to actually kill it - let’s assume he rolls average damage on a 4 dice charge that’s 14 + the base power of 10 vs an Armour 18 target (say a heavy warbeast) he will deal 12 damage and likely take out 1 aspect. When vs an armour 16 target (a light warbeast) he would deal 16 damage on average and that will likely be 2/3 of the targets hp.
- Released 2020.04
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)