|We have 1213 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Syvestro (one year review)||Retaliator (one year review)||Cyrenia (one year review)||Shrine of the Lawgiver (one year review)|
Tharn bloodtrackers are savage killers who become even more bloodthirsty and formidable when led into battle by their legendary hero, Nuala the Huntress. Pushed into a veritable frenzy under Nuala’s command, each bloodtracker moves with increased speed and agility, gutting her prey with one hand while pitching sharpened javelins with the other.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Tharn Bloodtrackers
- 3 Other
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
- Entire Unit
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. This model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.
- Nuala only
- She has +2 MAT, +1 RAT, +2 CMD, and 5 hitpoints.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Granted: Reposition - While this model is in formation, models in its unit gain Reposition. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- Hunter's Reckoning (Minifeat) - Nuala can use Hunter’s Reckoning once per game at any time during her unit’s activation. When she does, choose a new enemy model/unit to be the Bloodtrackers' prey. The previously chosen model/unit is no longer their prey.
- Tactics: Quick Work - Models in this unit gain Quick Work. (Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it can make one basic ranged attack.)
- Leader & Grunts
- Thrown Javelin - As above
- Fighting Claw - As above, but with Weapon Master
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
2018.10 Tharn Errata
- Leader & Grunts
- Points cost drop to 9/15 (from 10/16)
- Lost Parry
- Granted ability swapped from Swift Hunter to Reposition (3")
- Gained Hunter's Reckoning
Thoughts on Tharn Bloodtrackers
Tharn Bloodtrackers in a Nutshell
Tharn Bloodtrackers are an excellent unit of skirmishers, advance deploying and picking an enemy as Prey to scare them away. Fast moving, accurate, and with Stealth and Pathfinder they do a lot of useful things. They were recently tuned up in the CID, getting very slightly cheaper - and Nuala getting to make their Prey a whole lot more useful. Bloodtrackers are great in any Devourer's Host theme list now.
Thoughts on the CA
Nuala doesn't fundamentally change their game, but quick work allows them to strike deep with their spears after charging. Nuala herself is a murder machine, thanks to weapon master in melee.
Unfortunately in the CID, she lost the ability to give swift hunter to the unit, however quick work offers a whole other game for them to play.
The key thing she gives her unit is the ability to re-target their Prey targets, and this makes her an almost auto-include with them.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything that gives them a decent damage buff.
- Baldur the Stonecleaver - shields them from blasts with Solid Ground and buffs their strength with Stone Skin.
- Morvahna the Autumnblade - they are an excellent choice for Regrowth, and can do utterly horrible things with the help of Mortality.
- Casters with Curse of Shadows can help keep them relevant over the course of the game, as otherwise they're susceptible to getting tied down in melee. Mohsar is particularly good for this, as he also brings Mirage as another means of disengaging them, but they're worth a look with Wurmwood too
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They're a special order model.
- They die to blast damage
- If they make a unit their Prey, the enemy will hide the last model. Prey a solo and the enemy will hide it for the whole game. Although with hunter's reckoning from Nuala it doesn't completely stub out their use of prey, which makes it comparatively better than other prey based units.
- Without Prey, they don't break armor (and generally need help against armor at the best of times).
- Smart enemies will always make Nuala a priority.
Tricks & Tips
- Pick something too big to be hidden from them as their prey. A heavy without a shield or an AD skirmish screen like Trenchers.
- They can still do work with their ranged attacks against non-prey, so if your opppnent keeps back their prey they're do more than just keep a target away
Other Circle models
Note to Editors