|We have 1265 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Thamarite Advocate |
The Thamarite Advocates are peerless masters of the forbidden arts who have dedicated themselves to the destruction of the infernals and the protection of humanity.
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given on day 1 of the CID cycle
- Mercenary - Thamarite Advocates will work for Crucible Guard, Cygnar, or Khador.
- Minion - Thamarite Advocates will work for Circle.
- Blessed of Thamar - When this model is destroyed by an enemy attack, Infernal models in its command range lose 1 essence point.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can cast spells. Normally this uses up the model's Combat Action and as such is limited to one spell per activation, but exceptions do exist.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Sucker! - If this model is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack, choose a friendly non-incorporeal warrior model within 3" of it to be directly hit instead. That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects.
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
| Barring the Gate
|While in this model's command range increase the COST of spells by 1 and the COST of summoning horrors by 1.
| Fell Curse
|While within 5˝ of this model, enemy models lose Tough and cannot have damage removed from them. Fell Curse lasts for one round.|
| Hex Bolt
|A model hit by this spell cannot make special actions, special attacks, or power attacks for one round|
- Mercenary, Khador, or Cygnar
- Flame in the Darkness. Her Faction will change to match whatever warcaster is leading the army.
- Pure Mercenary
- Other than Flames, there are no Mercenary themes she can go in.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Thamarite Advocate
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Thamarite Advocate in a nutshell
The Thamarite Advocate should be a cheap, accessible wizard option with some useful spellslinging. At only three points, the Advocate should find ways to slip into a variety of lists who are looking for a cheap, useful magic piece that brings some decent damage with Hex Bolt, or useful tools like Barrings the Gates, essentially a Lamentation-style effect. Reposition lets them get in-and-out pretty painlessly, and Sucker keeps them alive when the going gets tough.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Beta Released 2019.04
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Other Mercenary models
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the rules are finalised - juckto.