|We have 1297 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Tesselator |
- Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack used by the Convergence. It swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node, and this changes how it gets access to focus. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's. Click here for a full rundown
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Pneumatic Trajectile (x2) - 9" range, POW 10 ranged weapons
- Bash - 0.5" range, POW 0, P+S 6 melee weapon
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Tesselator
Tesselator in a nutshell
A decent cheap shooty jack that might manage four shots in a turn. This is not a waste of focus due to induction, but it wouldn't be a viable jack in any other faction.
The Tesselator is a dedicated ranged light that puts out a fairly high quantity of ranged attacks (2 initials, each with Reload ). While stronger against larger targets thanks to Volume Fire, we still want Tesselators to harass light infantry decently. Much like the Negators, we intend Tesselators to be brought in groups, 2-3+ at a time. With two chances to spend focus on Reload, and multiple opportunities to boost attack or damage rolls, a group of Tesselators should be incredibly focus efficient via Induction, as long as you keep them all close enough to one another.
Combos & Synergies
- Iron Mother Directrix : One of the best casters to run Tesselators with due to the range increase from Fire Group and the damage bonus from her Exponent Servitors.
- The range increase means the Tesselators can do more of what they love and pump large volumes of fire into targets while staying out of harm's way. 11" range with the 3" reposition means they can be 14" away from their target after dumping 4 attacks on them, which should keep them relatively safe from most charging opponents.
- If the Exponent Servitors put Imperil on a Heavy Warjack, preferably one with relatively low armor, then the Tesselators will be shooting it with 4 POW14 shots each. Against something like an Ironclad the Tesselator shots are dealing damage on a 5+, add a Void Archon into the mix for another -2 armor and suddenly these 7 point light jacks are shooting significantly above their weight!
- This is especially true on Feat turn where the Tesselators will be effectively RAT10 against large models. Landing a Flare and an Imperil on a high-DEF low-ARM heavy like a Warp Wolf on Feat turn will let a couple of Tesselators eat it alive from range.
- With a handful of Tesselators, Backlash, and enough Elimination Servitors you could theoretically kill a caster in one turn of shooting at a knocked down heavy, which would be hilarious.
- Being RAT 8 on Feat turn is amazing for this jack, the odds of hitting vulnerable infantry goes way up and lets those 4 shots each really shine. When shooting small-based infantry the Tesselator wants to be hitting things that die to POW10 shots and those tend to have higher defense, but with a few Flare applications the Tesselator starts mulching evasive targets pretty effectively.
- Directrix makes her jacks Arc Nodes and having a SPD7 Arc-Node with Flight is very useful, letting you get threats for spells you wouldn't otherwise be able to manage with Convergence's other, much less mobile jacks.
- Aurora2 can do similar things to her mother. Her feat is a flat +2 damage buff to their shooting against non-flying models and she can give them Flying High to keep them safe from shooting. Hand of Destruction further enhances their out put. She doesn't give them extra range on the guns but her feat gives them +2 SPD, so it evens out.
- Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex : With the addition of the Induction Relay ability the Tesselators can move forward, shoot, induct focus 9" away back to the other Tesselator/s it's running with, and then reposition back as long as an ADO ran up to where you want them to be shooting from first. Without this ability, the Tesselators are unable to move their full SPD forward to get into range without moving out of induction range of the other Tesselators that want to be able to move up and shoot with it. It also allows them to flank just a bit harder without taking chunks of focus out of the main army's induction chain, which is hugely important.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2020.03|
Interface Node and Induction
MAT & RAT
Some MAT/RAT examples