Template:RC Weapon Range Modifier
From LOS Warmachine University
- Range Modifiers (Weapons) (Edit)
- If a weapon puts down a template "within X inches" (such as Covering Fire) then you can't change that, because it's not a RNG. (Infernal Ruling)
- If a weapon's RNG is reduced to zero, it cannot be used to make attacks. Refer to 'Weapon Statistics', page 19 of the core rulebook.
- If a weapon has RNG = CTRL then you can't add or subtract to that range, because CTRL is not a number. (Infernal Ruling)
- Gunfighter vs RNG modifiers (Edit)
- Unlike what most people might tell you, Gunfighter doesn't have a "range", it just lets the model make ranged attacks while in melee. The gun's actual RNG is unaffected though, until you put something like Windstorm (-5 RNG) on it. Then what happens is:
- If the gun is RNG 7, Windstorm will reduce it to 2". Thus it won't affect any Gunfighter attacks.
- If the gun is RNG 6, Windstorm will reduce it to 1". Thus you can only make Gunfighter attacks vs models within 1" (if you can - charging Gunfighters may be more limited).
- If the gun is RNG 5, Windstorm will reduce it to 0". Thus you can't make any attacks as per 'Weapon Statistics' (page 19 of the core rulebook).
- See also Range Modifiers (Spells)
This RC template is supposed to be inserted into other RCs as needed, not act as a stand-alone full-blown RC box.