From LOS Warmachine University
Rules Clarification : Blood-Bound (Edit)
- Blood-Bound works on both ranged and melee attacks.
- The RFP always triggers vs living models, even if the unit is already at full strength. Only the "can return one model" part is optional. (Infernal Ruling)
- If your opponent takes control of your Blood-Bound model, they cannot use it to return models to your unit nor an enemy unit. While under the opponent's control, it is an independent model and so there is no "unit" to return models to.
- Unit Attachments (such as the Cephalyx Dominator or Morrowan Battle Priest) can be brought back via Blood Bound, even though the rule isn't on their card.
- Out-of-activation Blood-Bound
- If a model is brought back with a Vengeance attack, the newly spawned model also gets a Vengeance attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- It won't get a Vengeance move, because the unit needs to complete Vengeance moves before anyone has a Vengeance attack.
- If an ability or feat is worded to give a "model/unit" an out-of-activation attack (such as Stryker2's feat) then models spawned by those ability/feat attacks will also get to attack via the ability/feat. (Infernal Ruling)
- Similar to Vengeance, spawned models won't get the free move part of Stryker2's feat.
- Return to Play - Own Unit (Edit)
- If you have a model that can return models to its own unit during its own activation (such as Bane Warriors or Blood-Bound) then:
- Models returned "at any time" (Bane Warriors) do not benefit from any orders issued to the unit. Orders need to be issued first, before using an "Any Time" ability. Orders cannot affect models not on the table.
- Models returned elsewhen during the activation (Blood-Bound) do not benefit from any orders issued to the unit for the same logic. (Infernal Ruling)
- If anyone in the unit has attacked, then the returned models can't use their Normal Movement. If no one has attacked, then they can. (Locked thread)