Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage
|99% of this website is about Mark 3 (mk3), which is the previous edition of the game (2016 to 2022). The reasons for this are explained here.|
1% of the website is about Mark 4 (mk4), but only in regards to which mk3 models are useable in mk4 Prime and which are mk4 Unlimited. See Legacy Armies for more detail.
| Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage |
This model has not (yet) been updated with Mk IV rules, as of 2022.12. Privateer Press have promised it will get updated ... eventually.
You can view the Mk3 models that have been updated on this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
Not every gun mage of the Order of the Amethyst Rose fights for the Llaelese Resistance. Taryn di la Rovissi remembers well the failings that led to her nation’s occupation. The loss of her country freed her from any lingering patriotism. Taryn is one of the most deadly practitioners of the gun mage art in the Iron Kingdoms—an art for which she requires payment. She hates the Khadorans but also has no love for the Resistance beyond their ability to pay in good coin.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage
- 3 Other
|Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage|
- Dodge - This model can advance up to 2" immediately after an enemy attack that missed it is resolved unless it was missed while advancing. It cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.
- Partner: [ Rutger Shaw ] - While in Rutger Shaw's command range, this model gains Tough.
- Magelock Pistol (x2) - 10" range, POW 10 ranged weapons.
- Damage Type: Magical
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage in a nutshell
Taryn Di La Rovissi is a ranged solo most often taken for her Shadow Fire ability, which enable ranged assassination game plans. Otherwise she's a flexible toolbox for unjamming models and killing infantry. She's most often seen in the Llaelese Resistance theme force where she is the best ranged solo available and gets several bonuses.
Combos & Synergies
- Taryn improves your ranged assassination threat and can be used with any caster who specializes in setting these up. These include Caine2, Caine3 (already has Shadow Fire on Ryan) and Crosse2.
- She also pairs with Rutger Shaw granting him Dodge and gaining Tough while they're hanging around each other.
- In Llaelese Resistance, she gets Reposition 3" from Gibbs, +1 to hit from Ashlynn1, and Pathfinder from the theme.
- Ashlynn2 can bring her back if she dies, which makes her appealing in a Llaelese Resistance army alongside Gorman1 and Princess Delores to set up an assassination.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She's outclassed by many ranged solos.
- Unlikely to see a lot of play with Cygnar, as the Gun Mage Captain Adept is strictly better in faction.
- If you're not using Shadow Fire, then Thorn Gun Mages are a viable, more flexible alternative to her, particularly so in the Llaelese Resistance theme force.
Tricks & Tips
- Black Penny is great for unjamming models.
- First appeared on the cover of the Iron Kingdoms Character Guide (2004) as one of the 'iconic' heroes.
- Released for the Warmachine game in Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (July 2010)
- This model has a limited edition sculpt, released in 2022.04.
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Mercenary models
|* The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters