|Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Targ |
The disfigured farrow assistant of Dr. Arkadius, Targ aids his master by tending the violent and unpredictable farrow warbeasts. Although lacking refinement and expertise, Targ has a way with warbeasts. He can push a warbeast to lash out with an unpredictable attack, administer vital medical care to his charges, or provide vital guidance to farrow warbeasts that wander too far from their masters.
Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Minion warlock for the rest of the game. Each Minion warlock can have only one model/unit attached to it.
- Arcane Assist - If its warlock is in this model's command range during your Control Phase, the warlock can upkeep one spell without spending fury.
- Ancillary Attack (★ Action) - RNG 3. Target friendly Faction warbeast. If the warbeast is in range, it immediately makes one basic melee or ranged attack. A warbeast can be targeted by an Ancillary Attack special action only once per turn.
- Herding - While this model is in its warlock's control range, that warlock can force, leech, reave, heal and transfer damage to warbeasts in its battlegroup that are in this model's command range.
- Medicate [d3] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction living warbeast. If it is in range, remove d3 damage points from it.
- Butcher Knife - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 backup melee weapon.
- Other Factions
- None - Unlike other Minion solos, Targ cannot be taken in non-Minion themes because of the limitation of his Attached rule.
2021. 10 (Rebalancepocalypse): Gained Arcane Assist
Thoughts on Targ
Targ in a nutshell
He's a support solo. You bring him for arcane assist, and try to get a good use out of anciliary attack. His main weakness is competition from the Gatorman Soul Slave. They both bring Arcane Assist to the table, but, if you have some spell worth spell slaving for, like Telekinesis or Mortality, you probably should pay the additional price.
Targ is the only warlock support model in Thornfall Alliance so he is likely to be seen there.
Combos & Synergies
- Road Hog - an extra Road Hog spray is probably the best you can get for his cost
- Ironback Spitter - An extra medium AoE corrosive shot isn't bad either and might actually be better. Who needs artillery?
- Feralgeist - when the feral joins on to a beast it becomes a minion beast making it a target for Ancillary Attack.
- Splatter Boar - get more value from lucky shot with 2 shots a turn or just start laying a cloud wall.
Warlocks worth attaching to
- Dr. Arkadius - Making one of his four upkeeps free is excellent for him, Raw Adrenaline can fully boost Ancillary Attacks, and Herding means the good doctor can stay further back from the carnage. Ark also does not have a spell that could be Spell Slave'd by a Soul Slave
- Lord Azazello - He does not have any spell that could be Spell Slaved and a free upkeep at minimum mean one more transfer to keep him safe. Herding and Ancilliary attack means Az can get a bit more value out of a Road Hog.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Squishy so wants to stay near a beast with a ranged attack.
- Targ is more of a specialist piece than the Gatorman Soul Slave is, as most minion warlocks have a good spell for him to Spellslave, which saves you more Fury points than Arcane Assist does. This means he is relegated to warlocks without good Spell Slave targets of which they are few. For what it's worth he's the only attachment in the Thornfall Alliance, but barely any warlock wants to be in that theme over Will Work for Food.
Tricks & Tips
There's little subtle about him. Pick him if you want to use anciliary attack.
Released in Hordes: Domination (2011)
- He is quite clearly based on Igor in the same way that Arkadius is based off of the film version of Victor Frankenstein.
Other Minion models