|As of 2022.08 Warmachine University has turned into an archive for Mk3 rules (3rd Edition).|
Refer to the Privateer Press website for all modern Mk4 (4th Edition) related content.
This site has been kept online for any players who want to continue using Mk3 rules and/or anyone who wants to compare Mk4 Legacy models to Mk3 models.
More information can be found on the Talk:Main Page area of this wiki.
| Talon |
Mark IV Status: Prime - This model is available in three Prime Armies,
. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
The Talon is a black market favourite among mercenaries with enough gold and influence to acquire them. The few moments the Talon's stun lance can provide may be all that is needed to land the critical blow and turn the tide of battle.
- Tried & True - When this model is affected by a Repair special action, remove 1 additional damage point from it.
- Other Factions
- Convergence players can use this warjack in the Strange Bedfellows theme, or by putting it in Aurora2's, Asphyxious4's, or Nemo4's battlegroup in various themes.
- Cryx players can use this warjack by putting it in Asphyxious4's battlegroup in various themes.
- Cygnar players can use this warjack in the Flame in the Darkness theme, or by putting it in Nemo4's battlegroup in various themes.
- Infernal players can take this model in the Hearts of Darkness theme, but only if Crosse2 is leading the army. This model gains Accumulator [Soulless] in this theme.
- Khador players can use this warjack in the Flame in the Darkness theme.
- Aside from that, Mercenary warjacks can be taken in a plethora of Faction's themes via by putting it under the control of a Mercenary 'Jack Marshal or Mercenary "Junior Warcaster" (see #Who can take this warjack?). However the "Faction Type" of the warjack doesn't change when you do it this way.
Thoughts on Talon
Talon in a nutshell
The Talon is a cheap light that is useful for tying up enemy warjacks or making them stationary. It does have a surprisingly high ARM with its shield. As it is MAT 8 on the charge, 1 focus is often enough to get a decent activation out of it. It's a sturdy piece for 6 points and the bane of fancier warjacks everywhere.
Combos & Synergies
- Warcasters that make their entire battlegroups tougher turn this little jack into a cheap spammable roadblock and contesting piece. That's Captain Bartolo Montador with Batten Down the Hatches and Magnus the Warlord giving them all Unyielding (and extra movement).
- The Talon makes a nice cheap combo with Rutger Shaw, as its shield gives it good armor to play Shield Guard. It gets Flank in Irregulars as well.
- Captain Sam MacHorne & The Devil Dogs can use a cheap 'jack that can keep up with them and stationary targets so they can hit more easily. Sam's Crush order combined with its Shield let it hit hard while having a nice high ARM.
- Warjacks can shake off stationary for one focus, but If you have a model that causes Disruption (such as Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios or Eiryss, Angel of Retribution ) you can prevent that.
- Asphyxious the Sanctified - With him, the Talon gains Dark Shroud and with a 2" melee range it spreads said debuff expertly.
- Crosse1 loves a cheap melee jack to send in and apply Shadow of a Giant. The Talon is as cheap as it gets and takes way more work to remove than is reasonable for a 6 point model, so wedging it into the enemy lines is extra rude.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- The Talon is best using its spear to stationary warjacks, but it loses that ability versus non-warjack targets, meaning it's much weaker against Hordes forces.
Tricks and Tips
- The Talon works best with a friendly unit nearby that can activate after it Stalls an enemy warjack to take advantage of the stationary.
Released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Who can take this warjack?
The standard way to include a Mercenary warjack in your army is to put it under the control of one of these models. So first you need to figure out which of these models will work for your Faction.
|Mercenary 'Jack Controllers (Human) (Edit)|
- Note: Other restrictions may apply (such as 'Jack Marshals can't control Colossals).
Other Mercenary models