Swamp Gobber River Raider
| Swamp Gobber River Raider |
Although many gobbers have gained acceptance at the fringes of society, swamp gobbers have always held a particularly unsavory reputation, and those who serve as river raiders among the pirate crews that prey on western Immoren are no exception. With rusted hooks, axes, and swords, they hack into their enemies with a savagery common only to the wilds.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
- 3 Other
Special Order Model
International distributors can still access the entire catalog of models.
|Swamp Gobber River Raider|
- Dual Attack - This model can make melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Prowl - While this model has concealment, it gains stealth.
- Harpoon Pistol - 6" range, POW 10 ranged weapon.
- Poisoned Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Weaken - A living model hit by this weapon/attack suffers -2 STR and DEF for one round.
- Other Factions
- Hearts of Darkness (Infernals) This model/unit can only go in this theme if Crosse2 is leading the army. It becomes an Infernal model/unit in this theme.
- Disciples of Agony (Skorne)
- Secret Masters (Circle) - this model may be taken as a requisition option in this theme despite not being a Circle solo
- As a mercenary model/unit, it can also be hired out to a bunch of other Faction's themes by using their single merc/minion slot. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
2019.05 Talion Charter Dynamic Update
- You used to purchase them in groups of 3 solos for 4 points (1.33 points each) and were FA 3. Now they're a 1-to-1 ratio and FA 9.
Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
Swamp Gobber River Raider in a nutshell
Swamp Gobber River Raiders are fantastic throwaway bodies. They are cheaper per model than just about any unit except Mechanithralls and can fill the pesky final point in your army. On the table, they block charge lanes or get in weird places.
They are tremendous scenario pieces allowing you to contest things far away without giving anything of value up, and occasionally they'll hit a Weaken on a Titan or Dire Troll or something. Plus they score flags.
Combos & Synergies
- First Mate Hawk - Privateer Sea Dogs. POW 6 with 3 damage dice against warriors! Arrr!
- Anyone that can make them more likely to hit
- They have an impressive synergy with Helga the Conqueror's feat. Swamp Gobbers move forward, reel in and are placed into the back arc of the enemy. They now have a rather good chance of hitting the enemy and slamming the models forward and thus closer to your own models. Assumes you hit both attacks of course. They are also pretty good for triggering Gang Fighter.
- Fiona the Black likes cheap models to channel through that can get to weird places.
- They are the second cheapest choice for Barnabas, Lord of Blood to trigger with his feat, with only the shamblers from the Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers being cheaper.
- Anything you would put an arm buff on - Run these guys by your high arm models and put pillows on the fists of any enemy heavy warbeast who eyeballs them the wrong way. The enemy now needs to waste attacks trying to hit annoying little gobbers or accept that their heavies are now even easier to hit and punch like lights.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They're a special order model.
- You get what you pay for. DEF 14 models that cost less than most conscript infantry and have both a ranged and melee attack.
- One of the few mercenary models that doesn't work for The Irregulars.
Tricks & Tips
- Hold them back and run to contest.
- Released 2015.10
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2019.12|
Rules Clarification : Poisoned Hand Weapon