Swamp Gobber River Raider
|We have 1198 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Feora2 (theme thoughts)||Imperatus (Dawnguard and non-vyros combos)|
| Swamp Gobber River Raider |
Although many gobbers have gained acceptance at the fringes of society, swamp gobbers have always held a particularly unsavory reputation, and those who serve as river raiders among the pirate crews that prey on western Immoren are no exception. With rusted hooks, axes, and swords, they hack into their enemies with a savagery common only to the wilds.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
- 3 Other
|Swamp Gobber River Raider|
- Harpoon Pistol - 6" range, POW 10 gun.
- Reel In - When this attack hits an enemy model, immediately after the attack place the Gobber Raider anywhere in B2B with the enemy model.
- Poisoned Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Weaken - A living model hit by this weapon suffers -2 STR and DEF for one round.
- Dual Attack - This model can make melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Prowl - While this model has concealment, it gains stealth.
As a mercenary/minion solo, they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's themes if you use your "Up to one Mercenary solo" slot. See #Other Theme Forces.
2019.05 Talion Charter Dynamic Update
- You used to purchase them in groups of 3 solos for 4 points (1.33 points each) and were FA 3. Now they're a 1-to-1 ratio and FA 9.
Thoughts on Swamp Gobber River Raider
Swamp Gobber River Raider in a nutshell
The Swamp Gobber River Raiders are cheaper per model than just about any unit except Mechanithralls and can fill the final point in armies and block charge lanes or get in weird places. They are tremendous scenario pieces allowing you to contest things far away without giving anything up, and occasionally they'll hit a Weaken on a Titan or something. Plus they score flags.
Combos & Synergies
- First Mate Hawk - Privateer Sea Dogs. POW 6 with 3 damage dice against warriors! Arrr!
- Anyone that can make them more likely to hit
- They have an impressive synergy with Helga the Conqueror's feat. Swamp Gobbers move forward, reel in and are placed into the back arc of the enemy. They now have a rather good chance of hitting the enemy and slamming the models forward and thus closer to your own models. Assumes you hit both attacks of course. They are also pretty good for triggering Gang Fighter.
- Fiona the Black likes cheap models to channel through that can get to weird places.
- They are the second cheapest choice for Barnabas, Lord of Blood to trigger with his feat, with only the shamblers from the Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers being cheaper.
- Anything you would put an arm buff on - Run these guys by your high arm models and put pillows on the fists of any enemy heavy warbeast who eyeballs them the wrong way. The enemy now needs to waste attacks trying to hit annoying little gobbers or accept that their heavies are now even easier to hit and punch like lights.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You get what you pay for. DEF 14 models that cost less than most conscript infantry and have both a ranged and melee attack.
- One of the few mercenary models that doesn't work for The Irregulars.
Tricks & Tips
- In SR2017 they are great throwaways for contesting and/or scoring flags, though this was possibly not intended in their design.
- Released 2015.10
Other Theme Forces
- Black Industries
- Dark Host
- The Ghost Fleet
- Infernal Machines
- Scourge of the Broken Coast
- Slaughter Fleet Raiders
Circle Orboros (Edit)
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers - Farrow Valkyries|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Croak Trappers - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
Special WA: Void Leech
|Unaligned||Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dhunian Archon Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Saxon Orrik - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Underchief Mire - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
|This index was last updated: 2019.04|
Rules Clarification : Poisoned Hand Weapon