Swamp Gobber Chef
|We have 1330 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Swamp Gobber Chef |
While most equate gobbers with an aptitude towards the mechanikal, they are a race with varied talents and interests. Gobber Chefs are extremely creative, if unconventional, in their choice of ingredients; and many find themselves run out of town when too many local pets go missing. These misfit cuisiniers often turn their attention to the care and feeding of warbeasts embroiled in battle, far from their natural food sources. Most commanders welcome their presence, as fresh recruits are far more easily replaced than costly rations and supplies.
|Swamp Gobber Chef|
- Backstab - While completely within the back arc of an enemy model, this model gains an additional die on its attack and damage rolls against that model.
- Stew's On - While in this model's command range, friendly warrior models gain Comfort Food. (Comfort Food - If the model with Comfort Food is within 1" of a friendly Faction warbeast at the start of your Control Phase, before leeching you can RFP the model with Comfort Food to remove any number of fury points from the warbeast.)
- Cleaver - 0.5" reach, P+S 8. He's not used to chopping meat that fights back
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Swamp Gobber Chef
Swamp Gobber Chef in a nutshell
Fury Management, Minion Style. Where we sacrifice warriors to keep the beasts happy.
It doesn't do that much - but at 1 point who cares? It's a solo with DEF 14 to claim flags, and a very useful ability.
Combos & Synergies
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers. It's generally nice to wait until things are dead before feeding them to giant slavering beasts
- Otherwise, you'll be putting this guy alongside whatever the cheapest troops in your faction are.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- For a single point the main downside of the chef is that it uses your minion solo slot in most themes.
- Doesn't do much ... but at 1 point who cares.
- Trolls have access to Whelps - which cost the same and can accept friendly buffs as well as heal beasts instead of managing fury for them.
Tricks & Tips
- Stews On, Comfort Food, and the Chef's status as a Minion model can be a bit counter-intuitive but it works like this:
- If you put the Chef in a Minion army, then Minion warriors can be eaten by Minion warbeasts.
- If you put the Chef in a Skorne army, then Minion warriors can be eaten by Minion warbeasts, and Skorne warriors can be eaten by Skorne warbeasts. But they can't mix and match their food source.
- Similar for Circle, Trollblood, and Legion.
- The Chef can feed himself to a Minion warbeast.
Released near the end of Mk2 (2016.02)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion solos you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Minion models