Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew
| Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew |
This model is available in one Prime Army, Blindwater Congregation. It can also be used in the Unlimited game mode. You can view the other Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Note that the rest of this page is about the model's Mark III rules.
Swamp Gobbers are clever and hardy creatures who have discovered a unique mixture of fluids that combine rapidly to produce a huge volume of dense fog. The bellows crew prefers not to fight if possible, but they are willing to provide the services of their fog-making machine to obscure and conceal those who hire them.
|Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew|
- Cloud Cover (★ Action) - Place a 3" AOE cloud effect in play with its center point within 1" of the Leader. If the Grunt is B2B with the Leader, place a 5" AOE instead. This AOE remains in play for one round.
- Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 5 melee weapon. Yes, P+S five - it's mostly there for show.
- Other Factions
Thoughts on Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew in a nutshell
It's a cheap maker of clouds. Do you want to block LOS? Do you want to trigger Prowl on your own models? Do you want some cheap corpses or souls? What about.. no wait, that's it, that's all they do.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything you own that needs clouds.
- Anything your enemy has that hates clouds.
- Maelok typically Maelok runs an infantry brick based on high armour, but additional defensive tech is useful. The Gobbers also gain +2 arm and undead which pushes them into the ‘may not die to blast damage’ zone and for one turn only they gain an extra +2 arm and Incorporeal, meaning very little can remove them from a contested objective.
- Boomhowler the Destroyer can give the unit Hoof It, allowing them to move back behind their own cloud at the end of all activations
- Boomhowler, Solo Artist Reposition does the same thing as Hoof It, despite being weaker.
- Secret Masters and Disciples of Agony love cheap sacrificial minions to palm shots off too.
- Disciples of Agony also gives access to the Paingiver Task Master, who can give Gobbers reposition to make a proper LoS-blocking cloud.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Dies to pretty much anything.
- Doesn't fight for jack diddly.
- Pointless against Eyeless Sight and similar Category: Anti-Cloud abilities.
Tricks & Tips
- At DEF 15 (17 vs shooting via the cloud) they can be infuriatingly hard to kill for their cost, so use them to block charge lanes.
- As a unit, they score in circular zones in SR2018; and for 2 points they probably are the cheapest choice for that.
Released way back in Primal Mk1 (2006)
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion units you can take.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Legion of Everblight (Edit)
- Ravens of War
- Children of the Dragon
- Oracles of Annihilation. In this theme (1) There is no limit on the number of Minion units you can take, (2) Minions become Blighted models, and (3) enemy models that end their activation within 2" of a Blighted model in this theme suffer continuous corrosion.
- Primal Terrors
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion units you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death