|We have 1219 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Locke (1 year review)||Suppresor (one year review)||Exemplar Bastion Seneschal (one year review)||Exemplar Errants (One one year review)|
| Stormfall Archers |
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Stormfall Archers
- 3 Other
- None - Attack Types are all the abilities they need!
- Great Bow - 12" range, 3" AOE, POW 12 gun
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon
Stormfall Archers may have up to 3 Soulless Escorts added to them. The escort's info has been omitted from this article for brevity.
2018.09 Retribution Legacy Errata
- Became a Houseguard model, so can receive a few extra buffs
Thoughts on Stormfall Archers
Stormfall Archers in a nutshell
The roundears have cannon crews and gun crews and sunburst crews. You've got archers with bombs strapped to them.
Legolas and company have/are an offensive toolbox. Their RAT is kinda low, so it's more common than not to stand still to get the Aim bonus.
Combos & Synergies
The Archers' main drawback is their poor RAT. Anything that can fix it tags along nicely with them.
- Lord Arcanist Ossyan - his gun is a built-in solution for RAT fixing, and his feat gives Brutal Shot a new meaning
- Ravyn, Eternal_Light - so far your only caster with Snipe, and a feat which allows you to deliver very accurate, and potentially long range, Brutal Damage shots.
- Rahn - Force Hammer can knock targets down, while Telekinesis increases the threat range by up to 2" and maybe effective RAT +2.
- Issyria - her feat helps control your attack/damage dice, and solves issues with Stealth.
- Banshee and Arcantrik Force Generator- good sources for knockdown on your target.
- House Shyeel Magister - Combo Smite or Force Bolt can both knockdown as well (or even Whipsnap to reposition one of them if you can pull it off).
- The Defenders of Ios theme gives them Reposition - excellent tool to move in once your targets is dead, or fall back if you failed to cause damage.
- Houseguard Thane - Use his Firing Solution when you want to engage stealthy models.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- For a bunch of elite elven archers, their RAT is pretty low. Find ways to knock the enemy down or fix their RAT one way or the other.
- Brutal Damage and Star Strike need a direct hit, and the latter also needs the fire effect to work. In the armor-heavy world of MK3 it's less useful.
Tricks & Tips
- Got trouble with stealth infantry and no Thane around to help you out?? Use the Snipe attack type and blind-fire AOEs into their general direction. Even if they miss, with some lucky scatter a few blast usually land among the unit and kill or wound several. Don't forget that there is always a reasonable chance of their 3" AOE hitting a small based model (scatter distance 1-2 always hits... because maths!).
Released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (Novermber 2009)
Other Retribution models