Stonecold Black Bella
|We have 1327 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Stonecold Black Bella |
- Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest game. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models have a deliberately goofy aesthetic.
- Mercenary - This model will work for Crucible Guard, Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, and the Protectorate.
- Call to Sacrifice [ Sea Dog ] - If this model is disabled by an enemy attack, you can choose a non-disabled friendly Sea Dog model within 5" of this model to be destroyed. If another model is destroyed as a result of Call to Sacrifice, remove 1 damage point from this model.
- Dual Attack - This model can make melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Money is Power - This model can have up to 3 loot tokens at any one time. During its activation, it can spend them to boost attack or damage rolls. This model can boost one roll for each token spent.
- Telescoping Blade - 1" reach (plus Chain Strike), POW 4, P+S 10 melee attack
- Chain Weapon
- Weapon Master
- Blood Reaper - When this model makes an initial attack with this weapon, it makes one melee attack with this weapon against each model in its LOS that is in this weapon’s melee range. Blood Reaper attacks are simultaneous.
- Chain Strike - This weapon becomes RNG 4 during this model's activation.
- Frostwing - 12" range, POW 12 ranged attack
- Other Factions
- Mercenary models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
- Aside from that, there are a few themes that will change what Faction this model counts as (and thus what "friendly Faction only" buffs it can receive). They are:
Thoughts on Black Bella
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't really count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Black Bella in a nutshell
She's a combat solo with a boosting ability. She sits back plinking dudes and earning loot until she has a chance to charge a good target, then gets stuck in and threshers everything to death.
Combos & Synergies
- She's both a Privateer and a Thamarite as such she benefits from any and all of their support solos.
- The Morrowan Archon pushes her DEF even higher, wheras the Thamarite Archon gives her re-rolls for missed attacks.
- Captain Allison Jakes - In Flames in the Darkness Black Bella becomes a Cygnar model, so she can feat on her. Blood Reaper, 4" range, and E-Leaps can turn entire infantry lines to dust. She is also a perfect target for Bullet Dodger, thanks to her Duelist and Ripose.
- Zerkova1 has clouds that also apply -2 to enemy attack rolls, stacking well with Duelist and Riposte.
- She is one of the better throw-away targets for Shae's Storm Rager spell, turning her into a fearsome missile.
- Rahera's black spot spell allows her to earn multiple loot tokens with hear owl before she goes in to spend them all on threshers. The DEF debuff Blackspot provides also helps her puny RAT of 6.
- Stryker1 or Ossrum offer Snipe so the owl can pilfer loot at RNG 16".
- Crosse2 - Ghost Walk is pretty neat on her. With Run & Gun you can also back up after you killed something with the owl, Meaning you can potentially cheat out another turn with her after you committed her into melee, as Run & Gun occurs at the end of your activation.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She's dependant on Sea Dogs to stay alive, else she dies to blast damage like any other low ARM solo.
- Anything that RFPs before disabled (such as Consume) or prevents models removing damage (such as Entropic Force) will negate Call to Sacrifice.
- RAT 6 and only a single shot per turn means she might have trouble amassing loot.
- Blood Reaper is not optional. With a 4" reach she can be a real danger to your own troops once battlelines get mixed up.
Tricks & Tips
- In Talion Charter under Storm Rager and with Sea Dogs to sacrifice into she is easy to deliver.
- She is slightly less easy to deliver under Crosse2 in Hearts of Darkness as blast damage is still a major threat, but she does have assess to the Umbral Guardian.
- With DEF 17 in melee don’t be too afraid to run her into combat with low MAT enemy models, then run away next turn to get to your "real" target.
- She can charge in, use Dual Attack to shoot something (it doesn't even have to be something in the melee), then make her charge-thresh with one loot token up her sleeve.
- Spoiled July 2020
Other Theme Forces
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Other Mercenary models