|Are you stuck at home wishing you could play Warmachine & Hordes? |
Why not check out the new fan-made War Table simulator?
| Steelsoul Protector |
The primary purpose of a steelsoul protector is to serve as a shield against any harm intended for the priests of Cyriss. The shell of the vessel is engineered to be light enough to allow its bearer to move with startling speed while also being tremendously durable. The vessel’s frame possesses the strength necessary to employ the protector’s massive iron glaive to deflect incoming blows and deliver surprisingly swift counterstrikes. Only the most worthy members of the Convergence are afforded the tremendous honor of being chosen for soul transfer into one of these revered vessels.
- Defensive Strike - Once per turn, when an enemy advances into and ends its movement in this model's melee range, this model can immediately make one basic melee attack against it.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
- Soul Vessel - This model generates soul tokens as if it were a living model.
- Iron Glaive – 2" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Other Factions
- Mercenary players can also use this model via the Strange Bedfellows theme. As before it gains Swift Vengeance.
2020.02 Strange Bedfellows
- +1 MAT
- They are in the new theme
Thoughts on Steelsoul Protector
Steelsoul Protector in a nutshell
The fluff blurb actually sums this model up very well: The primary purpose of a steelsoul protector is to serve as a shield against any harm intended for the priests of Cyriss.
She's ablative armour, plain and simple.
Combos & Synergies
- Aurora can allow this model to boost damage for a total of 4 dice of damage on an attack.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's a special order model.
- If you're thinking about protecting your caster or vectors, you're better off using the Destruction Initiative theme force instead. It has lots more Shield Guards.
Tricks & Tips
- Keep one (or more) around to shield guard your caster. Her long melee range and Defensive Strike means she can also stand next to a model with counter charge and free it up should they enemy try to jam them, but don't rely on it too much.
- Grievous Wounds at range from Alten Ashley is crushing to some of our vectors. A Steelsoul protector can prevent Alten Ashley from applying it to his intended target.
- Released in Forces of Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss (2013)
- The Steelsoul Keg Protector exclusive model can be used instead of the stock model.
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Destructotron 3000 - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Frustum Locus - J.A.I.M.s - Prefect Hypatia - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector
|Clockwork Legions - Destruction Initiative - Strange Bedfellows|
|This index was last updated: 2020.03|