|We have 1323 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Steelhead Ironhead |
While found in the largest numbers inside the Khadoran Army, fighting men and women decked out in heavy, steam-powered armor are not exclusive to that kingdom. A number of successful mercenaries with mechanikal aptitude have opted to be outfitted in this sort of gear. For those who can afford it, such armor makes its wearer nearly invulnerable to small-arms fire and greatly increases survivability to explosives and even direct hits from major ordnance. For the best mercenary mechaniks, being an Ironhead is the closest they have to a guarantee they will live long enough to collect payment.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on the Steelhead Ironhead
- 3 Other
- 'Jack Marshal
- Girded - This model and friendly models B2B with it do not suffer blast damage.
- Mechanikally Adept - This model can target non-Faction models with Repair special actions.
- Power Lifter - Once per turn at any time during its activation, this model can choose one other friendly Faction large-based or smaller model within 2" of it. You can place that model anywhere completely within 2" of its current location, and if it is knocked down, it immediately stands up unless it was knocked down this turn. A model cna be placed by Power Lifter only once per turn.
- Repair [d3+2] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d3+2 damage points from it.
- Repairable - This model can be targeted with Repair special actions as if it were a construct model.
- Industrial Clamp - 1" reach, POW 5, P+S 13 melee attack
- Clamp - An enemy model with an equal or smaller base hit by this weapon suffers -2 DEF and for one round cannot advance while within this model's melee range.
- Forge Hammer - 1" reach, POW 6, P+S 14 melee attack
- Other Factions
- Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
- Aside from that, there are a few themes that will change what Faction this model counts as (and thus what "friendly Faction only" buffs it can receive). For this model they are:
Thoughts on the Steelhead Ironhead
Steelhead Ironhead in a nutshell
The Steelhead Ironhead is a durable support piece that provides solid repair, some blast-immunity and most importantly, a 2" place that requires no expenditure of resources every turn. Power Lifter is endlessly useful, and this is a huge selling point for the Steelhead Theme. It's also halfway decent in melee should you ever find it necessary to put it there.
Combos & Synergies
- Repair a Tried and True Warjack for even more healing.
- There's a whole list of models that like being Craned, see Tips & Tricks, but Weapon Crews in particular like being Craned into position to shoot, and/or being B2B with him to avoid blast damage.
- The Ironhead Crane combined with Boomhowler2s reposition allows a lot of movement shenanigans for your warjacks.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's a jack marshal without a drive.
- You can really only take this outstanding piece in the Steelhead theme or Kingmakers.
- MAT 5 does place this model solidly in the support category. It's weapons look good, but you won't want to use them unless desperate.
- The Power Lifter is excellent to add to your threat range, but two don't do twice as much as one because you don't always want an extra 2" once. So must Soldiers of Fortune lists contain one but few contain two.
Tricks & Tips
- There's a lot you can do with the Crane
- Your SPD 5 warjacks threat 2" farther with this. Magnus2's warjacks in particular can go real far under Escort.
- Pull your caster back into safety after they stick their necks out.
- Place your Steelhead Mortar or Volley Gun into aiming range.
- Place a model in a position where it has line of sight to charge or simply walk to the target.
- Disengage an engaged model.
- In Soldiers of Fortune you can combine the Crane with a Heavy Cavalry's bulldoze to get 4" threat extension.
- Despite primarily being a support solo the Ironhead packs a decent punch, especially under Damiano's feat and many other damage buffs in faction.
- Released in the Soldiers of Fortune expansion (2019.03)
- Is its head made out of Steel, or Iron?! It's a mystery!
Warjacks he can take
With the way Mercenary battlegroups work, this model can't simply control any Mercenary warjack, and instead is limited to the following choices:
|Mercenary Warjacks (Human) (Edit)|
|Light||Buccaneer - Renegade (Magnus only) - Scallywag - Swashbuckler - Talon - Vanguard|
|Heavy||Freebooter - Gallant - Mangler - Mariner - Mule - Nomad - Rocinante - Rover - Toro - Swabber|
|Colossal||Blockader - Galleon|
- Note: Other restrictions may apply, such as 'Jack Marshals can't control Colossals, character warjacks aren't allowed in most theme forces, etc.
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Mercenary models