|We have 1327 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Steelhead Gunner |
While most Steelhead soldiers are human, the company is quite willing to take on anyone with solid skills willing to fight for coin, and its officers have frequently fought alongside Rhulic mercenaries. A number of Rhulfolk have accepted work with company branches, negotiating for top pay—few soldiers are more disciplined or cool under fire. Gunners are artillery veterans who know how to get the most out of their crews, coordinating fire and ensuring such weapons are quickly positioned to do the most harm.
- Desperate Pace [Rhulic or Steelhead Weapon Crew] (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target friendly Rhulic or Steelhead weapon crew unit. If the unit is in range, Rhulic or Steelhead weapon crew models in the unit gain +2" movement during their Normal Movement this turn.
- Hit the Deck! - This model cannot be hit by AOEs. If it would be hit by an AOE, it instead becomes knocked down. While this model is knocked down, ranged attacks targeting it auto-miss.
- Siege Tactics (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target friendly Faction weapon crew. If the weapon crew is in range, the next ranged attack made by the unit gains Siege Weapon. Siege Tactics lasts for one turn. (Siege Weapon - This weapon gains an additional die to its damage rolls against huge-based models.)
- Veteran Leader [ Rhulic or Steelhead Weapon Crew ] - While in this model's command range, friendly Rhulic or Steelhead weapon crew models gain +1 to attack rolls.
- Fire Breather - 8" spray, POW 12 ranged attack
- Sword - 0.5" reach, POW 3, P+S 9 melee attack
- Other Factions
- Mercenary models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
- Aside from that, there are a few themes that will change what Faction this model counts as (and thus what "friendly Faction only" buffs it can receive). They are:
Thoughts on the Steelhead Gunner
Steelhead Gunner in a nutshell
The Steelhead Gunner is both a Steelhead and Rhulic model, the first Rhulic release in about two and a half years, and can be taken in themes that allow either. His main job is to provide support to Steelhead and Rhulic artillery pieces, making them faster, more accurate, and very dangerous to huge-base models.
Combos & Synergies
- If you have at least two Rhulic/Steelhead weapon crews, you'll want one or more of this guy.
- Siege Tactics is most effective with the Steelhead Cannon or Dwarf Cannon, giving you 4 dice damage on a direct hit vs Huge bases.
- With Fire for Effect from General Ossrum this solo becomes a budget Grundback Blaster.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Usual squishy support solo problems
- Easily killed by small arms fire
- Points you are spending to enhance your artillery - models already priced at a premium
- Probably the lowest impact support solo in Soldiers of Fortune, can easily be left behind when you already have Arcanists, Ironheads and more.
Tricks & Tips
- Utilise the high CMD value, one Gunner can support multiple Artillery pieces spread quite wide.
- Combine Desperate Pace, Bulldoze from your Cavalry and Power Lifter from the Ironhead to engineer some janky Knockdowns with the Steelhead Cannon Crew.
- Released at LVO (2019.02)
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Crucible Guard (Edit)
Other Mercenary models