From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Shield Wall)
| Shield Wall (Order) - Until the start of their next activation, each affected model gains +4 ARM while B2B with another affected model in its unit. This bonus does not apply to damage originating in the model's back arc. Models in this unit can begin the game affected by Shield Wall.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification : Shield Wall (Edit)
- You don't need to have the entire unit in B2B to get the bonus. Even just two models in B2B will give it to each other. Which way they're facing doesn't matter, either.
- You can still get Shield Wall while knocked down.
- Shield Wall works against all damage except damage originating in your back arc.
- If a damage roll doesn't have an origin point (such as Scather, Old Witch1's feat, continuous fire, etc) then by definition it can't originate in your back arc, and you'll get your bonus vs it.
- It won't work vs stuff that "leaps" off models in your back arc, such as Electro Leap. (Locked thread)
- If you start the game in Shield Wall, it will expire when you activate the unit. It doesn't let you run and be in Shield Wall on turn 1.
- Since models move in straight lines, it impossible to keep two models B2B while advancing. Thus you cannot benefit from Shield Wall while moving through acid clouds etc.
- Unless you have something that lets you move through models, like Tactician.
- Orders affect unit attachments, even if that attachment doesn't have the order on their card (such as a Soulless Escort benefiting from the Shield Wall order). (Infernal Ruling)
- You get your Shield Wall bonus vs continuous fire in the Maintenance Phase. Shield Wall doesn't expire until the unit activates. (Locked thread)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Shield Wall"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.