Scrutator Potentate Severius
| Scrutator Potentate Severius |
Severius loyally served multiple hierarchs in his time as a scrutator and was a significant voice in the caste even before being elevated to leadership over all of the Protectorate’s military forces. As a scrutator potentate, Severius saw fit to support Voyle in his bid for power, accelerating that great ruler’s rise to hierarch. When he wasn’t striding fearlessly into foreign lands as a missionary to convert unbelievers to the faith, Potentate Severius was a formidable presence in battle. He manifested holy power, inspiring zealots and warriors, and from the start he showed his facility at wielding the warjacks of the Protectorate against the theocracy’s enemies.
- Battlegroup Controller - This model is not a warcaster (it's a solo) but has the following warcaster special rules: Battlegroup Commander, Focus Manipulation, Power Field, and Spellcaster. This model must have at least one warjack in its battlegroup at the start of the game.
- Eye of Menoth - While in Severius's CTRL range, friendly Protectorate models gain +1 to attack and damage rolls.
- Staff of Law - 2" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
|This spell deals fire damage. Also, on a critical hit, models hit suffer continuous fire.|
| Mystic Wards
|(1) Enemy animi and upkeep spells on models in the caster's battlegroup and control range immediately expire. (2) For one round, enemy magic attacks that target a model in the caster's battlegroup suffer -5 RNG.|
| Road to War
|When a friendly Faction model in the caster's control range destroys one or more enemy models with a melee or ranged attack during its activation, immediately after the attack is resolved one warjack in the caster's battlegroup that is in its control range can advance up to 3". A warjack can advance as a result of Road to War only once per turn.|
Thoughts on Scrutator Potentate Severius
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Severius0 in a Nutshell
Very useful support solo who also fuels a warjack. He can also personally beat things down pretty well and is surprisingly well defended at 15/15.
Combos & Synergies
- Who doesn't like a +1/+1 buff?
- As a "junior warcaster", Severius is required to take a 'jack.
- Both the Dervish and Purifier have abilities (Side Step and Overtake, respectively) that allow for extra movement after they've moved which, with combines well with Road to War, to increase their threat ranges.
- Repenters and Redeemers get good value from Road to War as it allows them to both move and get the aiming bonus.
- Blessing of Vengeance is Severius' character warjack which he can take in any theme. Which allows him to cast Immolation with the +2 to attack and damage rolls on spells, making Blessing of Vengeance a tempting choice, though a reasonable investment on a "Junior warcaster".
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Sometimes you don't want an extra warjack, and being forced to take one is a bit of a points tax, especially in Exemplar Interdiction.
- Juniors tend to be high-priority targets for the enemy, and Severius0 is no exception. Although he has the best defensive stats of any Junior, he's no warcaster when it comes to durability.
Tricks & Tips
- He applies the +1/+1 buff to himself.
- Released 2018.08
- Releasrd to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Warmachine, alongside Caine0, Deneghra0, and Sorscha0.
Other Protectorate models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)