|As of 2022.08 Warmachine University has turned into an archive for Mk3 rules (3rd Edition).|
Refer to the Privateer Press website for all modern Mk4 (4th Edition) related content.
This site has been kept online for any players who want to continue using Mk3 rules and/or anyone who wants to compare Mk4 Legacy models to Mk3 models.
More information can be found on the Talk:Main Page area of this wiki.
| Scythe |
Mark IV Status: Limbo - This model has not (yet) been updated with Mk IV rules, as of 2022.12. Privateer Press have promised it will get updated ... eventually.
Few of the true Nyss people still exist in the Iron Kingdoms, and those who remain are able to for a reason: they are skilled and deadly hunters. And Scythe is the deadliest.
Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest boardgame. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models are slightly more goofy than their WMH equivalents.
- Partisan [ Retribution ] - When included in a Retribution army, this model/unit is a Retribution model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Run & Gun - At the end of its activation, if this model destroyed one or more enemy models with a ranged attacks during that activation, it can make a full advance.
- Treewalker - This model ignores forests when determining LOS. While completely within a forest, this model gains +2 DEF against melee attacks rolls.
- As a Mercenary model she can go in every Retribution theme, but most of the time she'll use your "Up to one Mercenary solo" slot.
- Defenders of Ios. In this theme she doesn't use up your solo slot and she gains Reposition .
- Forges of War
- Legions of Dawn
- Shadows of the Retribution. She gains "optional Take Down" in this theme.
- Other Factions
- Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Scythe
Scythe in a nutshell
She's a ranged combat solo who is a weapon master with a ROF 3 bow, so she can potentially threaten ARM 18 heavies for a good chunk of damage. She can never be free and that is a good thing because she's bananas and worth every single one of her 6 points. Park her in a forest and let the arrows fill the sky, you are bound to get value out of her with or without support.
Combos & Synergies
- The Hermit's ARM debuff increases her damage output substantially.
- Fiona similarly has an ARM debuff and a feat that keeps her safe.
- Viktor Pendrake will make all her attack rolls boosted against warbeasts.
- Black Spot from Rahera lets her make even more attacks.
- Snipe from Ossrum extends her threat range dramatically.
- Calaban - Parasite means she kills things dead.
- Snipe (Ravyn) extends her threat range dramatically.
- Ossyan's feat adds yet another dice to her damage rolls.
- Goreshade4 has an anti stealth spell, an ARM defuff, and a DEF debuff and thus amplifies her shooting.
- Eiryss3 - Gives her unit Mark Target for RAT 19.
- Priest of Nyssor - Has a spell to make her RAT 8, which is amazing and gives her Immunity: Cold. Although it won’t come up every game, you will be thankful that a model who relies on her DEF can’t be made stationary by Sorscha1 or some such.
- Aelyth Vyr - Another +1 to attack rolls, you get the picture.
- Tanith - Shadow Bind and Affliction make hitting things trivial.
- Wurmwood - She loves Curse of Shadows for damage and Rapid Growth procs her Tree Walker.
- Baldur1 similarly, has Rapid Growth.
- Woldwardens have Wild Growth, another source of forests where you want them
- Calandra - Star Crossed affects her, which matter quite a lot with her DEF value.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She murders single wound infantry, but lots of stuff does that already. That being said, with any damage buff she can take a crack even at multi-wound infantry and even put a dent into the odd light thanks to Weapon Master.
- With no backup melee weapon, she is up a creek vs models that can't be targeted by ranged attacks. See Category: Anti-Ranged Attacks
- Likely to die from a wandering AOE given her paper bag armour. Keep her safe!
Tricks & Tips
- If she is in melee, she can only shoot people in melee. Multi-Fire does not override Gunfighter's targeting restrictions.
- You can't make a Multi-Fire attack when she charges. Gunfighter only allows initial ranged attacks on a charge.
- Released 2020.01
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Other Faction models
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
Alexia1 - Asphyxious4 - Croe's Cutthroats - Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowler1 - Herne & Jonne - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus & Edrea - MacHorne1 - The Commodore Cannon - The Devil's Shadow Mutineers
Cephalyx Agitator - Death Archon - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia2 - Alexia3 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Balthazar Bamfist - Black Bella1 - Black Bella2 - Bloody Bradigan - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Captain Crawtooth - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dez1 - Dez2 - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Doctor Stygius - Eilish1 - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Eiryss4 - First Mate Hawk - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Crosse1 - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman1 - Gorman2 - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Harlowe Holdemhigh - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - MacHorne2 - Major Harrison Gibbs - Malvin2 - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Princess Delores Graciela - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Tubbin - Underboss Vizkoya - Viktor Pendrake - Weird Wendell - Widget1 - Widget2 - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - Strange Bedfellows - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|
|Retribution Index (Edit)|
|Battlegroup & Similar|
|Warcaster attachments||Fane Knight Guardian (Retribution) - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Warjack Controllers||Elara1 (BGC) - Sentinel Scyir ('Jack Marshal) - Artificer ('Jack Marshal)|
|Light Warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon - Harpy - Siren|
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
Cyelna & Nyss Hunters -
D Destors -
D Invictors -
D Sentinels -
Heavy Rifle Team -
H Halberdiers -
H Riflemen -
HE Swordsmen -
HE Wardens -
HS Arcanists -
HS Battle Mages -
HV Electromancers -
MH Infiltrators -
MH Strike Force -
Ryssovass Defenders -
Spears of Scyrah -
Aelyth Vyr - Arcanist Mechanik - D Destor Thane - D Sentinel Scyir - Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios (1) - Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (2) - Eiryss, Fortune Hunter of Ios (4) - Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber (1) - Fane Knight Guardian - Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen - Ghost Sniper - Hermit of Henge Hold - HE Warden Executioner - HS Artificer - HS Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress Lys Healer - MH Assassin - Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios - Nayl - Priest of Nyssor - Scythe - Soulless Voidtracer
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator - Dawnguard Trident|
|Defenders of Ios - Forges of War - Legions of Dawn - Shadows of the Retribution|
|Refer to Category: Retribution of Scyrah Mercenary|
|This index was last updated: 2021.04|
|Which Faction am I?
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters