|We have 1341 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Scythe |
Few of the true Nyss people still exist in the Iron Kingdoms, and those who remain are able to for a reason: they are skilled and deadly hunters. And Scythe is the deadliest.
Riot Quest - Although this model has rules which allow it to be played in Warmachine and Hordes, it was primarily designed for the Riot Quest game. RQ is set in an alternate and/or future timeline where the Infernals won the war. Some of the RQ models have a deliberately goofy aesthetic.
- Run & Gun - At the end of its activation, if this model destroyed one or more enemy models with a ranged attacks during that activation, it can make a full advance.
- Treewalker - This model ignores forests when determining LOS. While completely within a forest, this model gains +2 DEF against melee attacks rolls.
- As a Mercenary model she can go in every Retribution theme, but most of the time she'll use your "Up to one Mercenary solo" slot.
- Defenders of Ios. In this theme she doesn't use up your solo slot and she gains Reposition .
- Forges of War
- Legions of Dawn
- Shadows of the Retribution. She gains "optional Take Down" in this theme.
- Other Factions
- Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Scythe
New model - This article is a Work In Progress
Please don't delete this warning unless you (1) have played several games with the final rules (games with CID rules don't really count) and (2) you've reviewed this article and it mostly(★) matches your experiences.
(★) Bearing in mind that other editors may make suggestions you don't think are the "best" but that doesn't make them "wrong". Don't delete stuff just because you disagree with it, please.
Scythe in a nutshell
She's a ranged combat solo who is very dependent on Multi-Fire. A well executed activation will see her make 4 ranged attacks. A well-placed enemy Shield Guard, or plain old bad dice, will leave her making just one attack. As a weapon master, she can potentially threaten ARM 18 heavies for a good chunk of damage.
Combos & Synergies
Mercs / Minions
- The Hermit's ARM debuff increases her damage output substantially.
- Viktor Pendrake will make all her attack rolls boosted against warbeasts.
- Black Spot (Rahera) lets her make even more attacks.
- Snipe (Ossrum) extends her threat range dramatically.
- Snipe (Ravyn) extends her threat range dramatically.
- Ossyan's feat adds yet another dice to her damage rolls.
- Goreshade4 has an anti stealth spell, an ARM defuff, and a DEF debuff and thus amplifies her shooting.
- Priest of Nyssor
- Has a spell to make her RAT 9, which is amazing.
- Gives her Immunity: Cold. Although it won’t come up every game, you will be thankful that a model who relies on her DEF can’t be made stationary vs Sorcha1 etc.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She murders single wound infantry, but lots of stuff does that already. That being said with any damage buff she can take a crack even at multi wound infantry and even put a dent into the odd light thanks to Weapon Master.
- With no backup melee weapon, she is up a creek vs models that can't be targeted by ranged attacks. See Category: Anti-Ranged Attacks
- A well-placed enemy Shield Guard or Sucker target can stop your Multi-Fire in its tracks. All your opponent has to do is position the Shield Guard more than 2" from any other model, and if the hit gets transferred to the Guard then you can't trigger Multi-Fire.
- Likely to die from a wandering AOE given her paper bag armour. Keep her safe!
Tricks & Tips
- If she is in melee, she can only shoot people in melee. Multi-Fire does not override Gunfighter's targeting restrictions.
- You can't make a Multi-Fire attack when she charges. Gunfighter only allows initial ranged attacks on a charge.
- Released 2020.01
Other Theme Forces
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
Other Faction models
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
Alexia1 - Asphyxious4 - Croe's Cutthroats - Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowler1 - Herne & Jonne - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus & Edrea - MacHorne1 - The Commodore Cannon - The Devil's Shadow Mutineers
Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia2 - Alexia3 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Balthazar Bamfist - Black Bella1 - Black Bella2 - Bloody Bradigan - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Captain Crawtooth - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dez1 - Dez2 - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Doctor Stygius - Eilish1 - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Eiryss4 - First Mate Hawk - Flubbin1 - Flugwug the Filcher - Crosse1 - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman1 - Gorman2 - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Harlowe Holdemhigh - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - MacHorne2 - Major Harrison Gibbs - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Underboss Vizkoya - Viktor Pendrake - Weird Wendell - Widget1 - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - Strange Bedfellows - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2020.12|
|Retribution Index (Edit)|
|Battlegroup & Similar|
|Warcasters||Elara2 - Garryth1 - Garryth2 - Goreshade4 - Helynna1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Rahn1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2|
|Warcaster attachments||Fane Knight Guardian (Retribution) - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Warjack Controllers||Elara1 (BGC) - Sentinel Scyir ('Jack Marshal) - Artificer ('Jack Marshal)|
|Light Warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon - Harpy - Siren|
|Heavy Warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Hemera - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Arcanists - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force - Ryssovass Defenders - Stormfall Archers|
Nyss Hunters - Spears of Scyrah
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
Aelyth Vyr - Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios (1) - Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (2) - Eiryss, Fortune Hunter of Ios (4) - Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber (1) - Fane Knight Guardian - Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen - Ghost Sniper - Hermit of Henge Hold - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress Lys Healer - Assassin - Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios - Nayl - Priest of Nyssor - Scythe - Soulless Voidtracer
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator - Dawnguard Trident|
|Defenders of Ios - Forges of War - Legions of Dawn - Shadows of the Retribution|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|This index was last updated: 2020.01|
|Which Faction am I?
Partisans & Theme Forces (Edit)
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters