| Scrap Thrall |
Scrap thralls are made by Necrotechs from heaps of bone and metal taken from corpses and destroyed 'jacks. Once animated, these thralls shamble forth as delivery vehicles for necrotite-enchanced bombs.
Scrap Thralls can be added to your army list in groups of 3 models. They are 3 separate solos (they are not a unit with 3 members).
- Undead - This model is an undead model and not a living model.
- Thrall Bomb - When a Scrap Thrall is disabled, centre a 4" AOE on it, then RFP it. Models in the AOE are hit and suffer a POW 8 blast damage roll.
- Mechano-Claw - 0.5" reach, POW 4, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Death Burst (★ Attack) - Suicide attack that produces a 4" AOE that damages everything underneath with unboostable damage rolls. If the melee attack hits, POW is above average centered on target. If the attack misses, POW is below average centered on the scrap thrall. Either way, scrap thrall is removed from play.
Thoughts on Scrap Thrall
Scrap Thrall in a Nutshell
Scrap Thralls are a very cheap option. They are the cheapest models in the game and this shows in their stats & abilities (or lack thereof). But if you need some cheap troops to cast spells on, or just like the idea of exploding troops, or a cheap option to block charge lanes, Scrap Thralls are your men.
Combos & Synergies
Being the extremely cheap units, this actually makess them useful to a number of caster who sacrifice their own troops.
- You can use them as Sacrificial Pawns for Terminus.
- They can be used as targeting beacons for AoE spells and attacks against units who otherwise cannot be hit.
- Fuel for Goreshade2's feat.
- Fuel for Mortenebra's Sacrificial Lamb spell.
- Fuel for Skarre1's Ritual Sacrifice spell.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- You can't leave them too close to your own lines, because they'll get exploded by enemy ranged attacks And Cryx infantry generally don't have enough ARM to survive random explosions.
- You can't leave them too close to each other, because they'll daisy chain with the explosion of one causing others to explode (unless that was your plan).
- They're great against enemy low-ARM infantry, but typically such enemy infantry has enough SPD to simply avoid Scrappies.
- You can't use Death Burst on a free strike.
Tricks & Tips
- Run Scrap Thralls into the enemy, then shoot them in the back.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003) along with the Necrotech
Other Cryx models