|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
Griffons are predators that combine the sinewy grace of great hunting cats with the ferocity of birds of prey. Druids of the Circle Orboros have long tended griffon fledglings far from civilization and picked out those best suited to their needs. In the Scarsfell griffon they have found a hunter with a remarkable aptitude for stealth and ambush, one able to dive from great heights to surprise even well-camouflaged prey far below.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Scarsfell Griffon
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Claw (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapons
- Beak - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good. Click here to read the long version.
- Flight - This model ignores (almost) all terrain when moving. This model can move over other models, and ignores intervening models when declaring charges.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Tracker - This model ignores forests when determining LOS when declaring a charge.
- Elusive - Cost 1
- For one round the caster gains Dodge. (Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model can immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.)
- The Scarsfell lost Long Leash as part of the February 2017 Errata in order to bring it into line with the other griffons. It had become incredibly popular with Una2, as she could make them incredibly powerful and incredibly accurate, and completely immune to every trick except shooting them down with ranged weapons that had Eyeless Sight. The combination was thus errata'ed swiftly.
Thoughts on Scarsfell Griffon
Scarsfell Griffon in a nutshell
The Scarsfell Griffon is just about everything you want from a generalist combat light warbeast. Fast moving, good at ignoring terrain (flight beats Pathfinder), and can even ignore Forests. 3 attacks. Stealth to keep it safe from shooting. Solid MAT. And a low points cost.
Combos & Synergies
- Kaya the Wildborne gives the scarsfell higher mat which helps it hunt support pieces and ranged pieces that usually have higher def.
- Baldur the Stonecleaver - creates a forest the scasfell can see through, and cover bumps his def into a range that is exceedingly hard to hit.
- Gorax Rager - primal means the griffon can kill lights and badly damage heavies and it's cheap enough that it is ok to sacrifice.
- Una the Skyhunter - It's the best of the griffons.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Does little against armour
- It may be a great combat light - but combat lights shouldn't take on heavies or they just get squashed.
- It's so much better than the other griffons it invalidates them..
Tricks and Tactics
- If you can't hurt your opponent, throw them away from the objective instead.
This entry first appeared in Hordes: Domination (2011)
Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
Themes only for Living warbeasts (Edit)
Other Circle models