|We have 1265 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Saxon Orrik |
Saxon Orrik is as legendary for his savage cruelty as for his mastery of the wilds. Long ago Orrik taught a younger Professor Pendrake how to survive in the fringes, but the two diverged on ethical grounds. Where Pendrake respects life, Orrik savors killing as its own reward. His tireless efforts have enabled the skorne to cross the Bloodstone Desert to conduct their war.
- Mercenary - This model will work for Cryx, Infernals, Khador, or Protectorate
- Minion - This model will work for Circle, Skorne, or Trollbloods.
- Partisan [Infernals] - When included in a Infernals army, this model/unit is a Infernals model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Advance Deployment
- Blind Spot - If a warbeast or horror misses a melee attack against Saxon, he may immediately make a melee attack against that warbeast.
- Dismember - If you hit a warbeast in melee you get an additional die on the damage roll.
- Reconnaissance (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target friendly warrior model/unit gains Pathfinder for one turn.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Marked Soul - This model is a Marked Soul.
- Military Rifle - 10" range, POW 11 ranged attack
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee attack
- Skinning Knife - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee attack
- Inflict Pain - When it hits a warbeast with this weapon, this model can place 1 fury point on or remove 1 fury point from the warbeast.
- Other factions
This solo may be used in the following theme forces without using their single minion solo option:
As a merc/minion solo, they can also be taken in a bunch of other Faction's themes as their single allowed merc/minion solo. Refer to #Other Theme Forces.
2019.06 Infernal Errata
- He became an Infernal Partisan and gained Marked Soul.
Thoughts on Saxon Orrik
Saxon Orrik in a Nutshell
Saxon is usually found handing out Pathfinder in Khador armies, or other non-Mercenary armies that can't take Rhupert. He brings a bit of Fury management, and can rarely mess up your opponent's careful fury allocation plans. He's also very difficult to kill with Stealth and Tough, while Pathfinder and Reposition make it hard to lock him down to finish him off. Finally, he has a decent gun and some melee prowess.
Combos & Synergies
- Use him to give Pathfinder to something that does not have it!
- His Advance Deployment makes him an excellent turn one summoning target in Infernals. Line of Sight Essence Economy
Drawbacks & Downsides
- His Pathfinder action only works on warrior models/units; no warjacks, warbeasts, or cards that specifically say it is not a warrior model.
- While he has abilities that are good against warbeasts in melee, he's not actually very good at melee.
- Viktor Pendrake and Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr hate him and refuse to be in the same army with him.
- Be sure to clarify which weapon you're using. Hit your own warbeasts to manage their fury with the skinning blade and you'll wind up rolling 3 dice of damage against them thanks to dismember. Whoops.
- A lot of factions have better alternatives:
- Circle has Pathfinder just about everywhere
- The Protectorate of Menoth prefers Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord if they want to buff units with Pathfinder
- Trollbloods prefer the Fell Caller Hero
- Skorne have a lot of melee infantry already either with Pathfinder or Relentless Charge (or in one case able to go Incorporeal).
Tricks & Tips
- He's basically Pathfinder-on-a-stick with a little friendly and enemy fury management attached. Don't forget he plays fury games although he's not worth taking for that reason alone.
- In rare situations it may be more efficient to attack him with your own warbeast, triggering blind spot, and allowing him to use his fury manipulation before beginning his actual activation during which he could use his fury manipulation again (such as on another target) or shoot his gun. For example if you are all Furied up, but want to use your Basilisk Krea to cast force aura. In this case its MAT is so bad it will almost always miss Orrik, and if you are using mostly for the buff lopping off some HP might be well worth it. Won't be a good idea most of the time, but when it is you will look like a wizard.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
Alexia1 - Croe's Cutthroats - Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowler1 - Herne & Jonne - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus & Edrea - MacHorne1 - The Commodore Cannon - The Devil's Shadow Mutineers
Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire (2) - Alexia, The Undying (3) - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Balthazar Bamfist - Black Bella, Duchess of Dread - Bloody Bradigan - Boomhowler, Solo Artist - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Captain Crawtooth - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dez - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Doctor Stygius - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios (1) - Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (2) - Eiryss, Fortune Hunter of Ios (4) - First Mate Hawk - Flugwug the Filcher - Gastone Crosse - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (1) - Gorman the Mad (2) - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gubbin - Gudrun the Wanderer - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Harlowe Holdemhigh - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - MacHorne2 - Major Harrison Gibbs - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Viktor Pendrake - Weird Wendell - Widget, Tinker Extraordinaire - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - Strange Bedfellows - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2020.01|
|Infernal Index (Edit)|
|Unique Rules : Masters, Horrors, Essence, & Summoning|
|Infernal Masters||Agathon - Omodamos - Zaateroth|
|Attachment||Lord Roget d'Vyaros||Master Infernalist||Princess Regna|
|Lesser||Foreboder||Light||Lamenter - Shrieker||Heavy||Desolator - Soul Stalker - Tormentor|
|Units, Solos, & Structures|
Alain Runewood, Lord of Ash - Eilish1 - Eilish2 - Great Princess Regna Gravnoy (Master Infernalist) - Hermit of Henge Hold - Lord Roget d'Vyaros - Nicia, Hound of the Abyss - Orin1 - Saxon Orrik - The Wretch - Umbral Guardian - Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight
|Dark Legacy - Hearts of Darkness||J.A.I.M.s|
|This index was last updated: 2019.06|