| Saxon Orrik |
How usable this model is in Mk IV depends on the Faction:
You can view the Mk3 models that made it into a Legacy Army at this page.
Saxon Orrik is as legendary for his savage cruelty as for his mastery of the wilds. Long ago Orrik taught a younger Professor Pendrake how to survive in the fringes, but the two diverged on ethical grounds. Where Pendrake respects life, Orrik savors killing as its own reward. His tireless efforts have enabled the skorne to cross the Bloodstone Desert to conduct their war.
- Partisan [ Infernals ] - When included in a Infernals army, this model/unit is a Infernals model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Advance Deployment
- Blind Spot - When an enemy warbeast or horror misses this model with a melee attack, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can make one basic melee attack against the warbeast or horror.
- Dismember - When this model hits a warbeast with a melee attack, roll an additional damage die.
- Marked Soul - This model is a Marked Soul.
- Reconnaissance (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target friendly warrior model/unit. If the model/unit is in range, it gains Pathfinder. Reconnaissance lasts for one turn.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Other Factions
- Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
Thoughts on Saxon Orrik
Saxon Orrik in a Nutshell
Saxon is usually found handing out Pathfinder in Khador armies, or other non-Mercenary armies that can't take Rhupert. He brings a bit of Fury management, and can rarely mess up your opponent's careful fury allocation plans. He's also very difficult to kill with Stealth and Tough, while Pathfinder and Reposition make it hard to lock him down to finish him off. Finally, he has a decent gun and some melee prowess.
Combos & Synergies
- Use him to give Pathfinder to something that does not have it!
- His Advance Deployment makes him an excellent turn one summoning target in Infernals. Line of Sight Essence Economy
Drawbacks & Downsides
- His Pathfinder action only works on warrior models/units; no warjacks, warbeasts, or cards that specifically say it is not a warrior model.
- While he has abilities that are good against warbeasts in melee, he's not actually very good at melee.
- Viktor Pendrake and Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr hate him and refuse to be in the same army with him.
- Be sure to clarify which weapon you're using. Hit your own warbeasts to manage their fury with the skinning blade and you'll wind up rolling 3 dice of damage against them thanks to dismember. Whoops.
- A lot of factions have better alternatives:
- Circle has Pathfinder just about everywhere
- The Protectorate of Menoth prefers Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord if they want to buff units with Pathfinder
- Trollbloods prefer the Fell Caller Hero
- Skorne have a lot of melee infantry already either with Pathfinder or Relentless Charge (or in one case able to go Incorporeal).
Tricks & Tips
- He's basically Pathfinder-on-a-stick with a little friendly and enemy fury management attached. Don't forget he plays fury games although he's not worth taking for that reason alone.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
Other Theme Forces
Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Circle Orboros (Edit)
- Secret Masters. This theme doesn't have a limit on how many Minion solos you can take. Also, you can spend Requistion Points on Minion solos.
- The Bones of Orboros
- The Devourer's Host
- The Wild Hunt
- Disciples of Agony. There is no limit to the number of Minion solos you can take in this theme.
- The Exalted
- Masters of War
- Winds of Death
Other Faction models
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
Alexia1 - Asphyxious4 - Croe's Cutthroats - Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowler1 - Herne & Jonne - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus & Edrea - MacHorne1 - The Commodore Cannon - The Devil's Shadow Mutineers
Cephalyx Agitator - Death Archon - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia2 - Alexia3 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Balthazar Bamfist - Black Bella1 - Black Bella2 - Bloody Bradigan - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Captain Crawtooth - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dez1 - Dez2 - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Doctor Stygius - Eilish1 - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Eiryss4 - First Mate Hawk - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Crosse1 - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman1 - Gorman2 - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Harlowe Holdemhigh - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - MacHorne2 - Major Harrison Gibbs - Malvin2 - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Princess Delores Graciela - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Tubbin - Underboss Vizkoya - Viktor Pendrake - Weird Wendell - Widget1 - Widget2 - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - Strange Bedfellows - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|
|Infernal Index (Edit)|
|Unique Rules : Masters, Horrors, Essence, & Summoning|
|Infernal Masters||Agathon - Omodamos - Zaateroth|
|Attachment (1)||Lord Roget d'Vyaros|
|Master Infernalist||Princess Regna|
|Lesser||Foreboder||Heavy||Desolator - Soul Stalker - Tormentor|
|Light||Lamenter - Shrieker||Colossal||Guardian of Souls - Harvester of Souls|
|Units, Solos, & Structures|
Eilish1 - Eilish2 - Great Princess Regna Gravnoy (Master Infernalist) - Hermit of Henge Hold - Lord Roget d'Vyaros (Attachment) - Lynda the Forgotten - Nicia2 - Orin1 - Saxon Orrik - Runewood2 - The Wretch - Umbral Guardian - Valin Hauke, The Fallen Knight
|Dark Legacy - Hearts of Darkness||J.A.I.M.s|
This index was last updated: 2021.07
(1) - Note that an Infernal Master Attachment is not part of the battlegroup, they are merely listed there for convenience.