|We have 1198 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Feora2 (theme thoughts)||Imperatus (Dawnguard and non-vyros combos)|
| Saxon Orrik |
Saxon Orrik is as legendary for his savage cruelty as for his mastery of the wilds. Long ago Orrik taught a younger Professor Pendrake how to survive in the fringes, but the two diverged on ethical grounds. Where Pendrake respects life, Orrik savors killing as its own reward. His tireless efforts have enabled the skorne to cross the Bloodstone Desert to conduct their war.
- Mercenary - This model will work for Cryx, Khador, or Protectorate
- Minion - This model will work for Circle, Skorne, or Trollbloods.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Blind Spot - If a warbeast misses a melee attack against Saxon, he may immediately make a melee attack against that warbeast.
- Dismember - If you hit a warbeast in melee you get an additional die on the damage roll.
- Reconnaissance (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target friendly warrior model/unit gains Pathfinder for one turn.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Military Rifle - 10" range, POW 11 ranged attack
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee attack
- Skinning Knife - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee attack
- Inflict Pain - When it hits a warbeast with this weapon, this model can place 1 fury point on or remove 1 fury point from the warbeast.
As a mercenary/minion model, he can also be in a bunch of themes in other Factions. See #Other Theme Forces.
Analysis of Saxon Orrik
Saxon Orrik in a Nutshell
Saxon is usually found handing out Pathfinder in Khador armies, or other non-Mercenary armies that can't take Rhupert. He brings a bit of Fury management, and can rarely mess up your opponent's careful fury allocation plans. He's also very difficult to kill with Stealth and Tough, while Pathfinder and Reposition make it hard to lock him down to finish him off. Finally, he has a decent gun and some melee prowess.
Combos & Synergies
Use him to give Pathfinder to something that does not have it!
Drawbacks & Downsides
- His Pathfinder action only works on warrior models/units; no warjacks, warbeasts, or cards that specifically say it is not a warrior model.
- While he has abilities that are good against warbeasts in melee, he's not actually very good at melee.
- Viktor Pendrake and Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr hate him and refuse to be in the same army with him.
- Be sure to clarify which weapon you're using. Hit your own warbeasts to manage their fury with the skinning blade and you'll wind up rolling 3 dice of damage against them thanks to dismember. Whoops.
- A lot of factions have better alternatives:
- Circle has Pathfinder just about everywhere
- The Protectorate of Menoth prefers Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord if they want to buff units with Pathfinder
- Trollbloods prefer the Fell Caller Hero
- Skorne have a lot of melee infantry already either with Pathfinder or Relentless Charge (or in one case able to go Incorporeal).
Tricks & Tips
He's basically Pathfinder-on-a-stick with a little friendly and enemy fury management attached. Don't forget he plays fury games although he's not worth taking for that reason alone.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
Other Theme Forces
|Cryx (Edit)||Khador (Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)||Circle Orboros (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
|Mercenary Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
Cephalyx Mind Bender -
Cephalyx Mind Slaver -
Cephalyx Overlords -
High Shields -
Artillery Corps -
Forge Guard -
Idrian Skirmishers -
Kayazy Assassins -
Kayazy Eliminators -
Legion of Lost Souls -
Ogrun Assault Corps -
OoI Resolutes -
OoI Vigilants -
Precursor Knights -
Press Gangers -
Sea Dog Pirates -
Deck Gun -
SH Cannon -
SH Halberdiers -
SH Cavalry -
SH Mortar -
SH Riflemen -
SH Volley Gun -
Tactical Arcanist Corps -
Thorn Gun Mages
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Menite Archon - Morrowan Archon - Ogrun Bokur - Powder Monkey - SH Arcanist - SH Ironhead - SH Gunner - Swamp Gobber River Raider Thamarite Advocate - Thamarite Archon - Void Archon
Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire (2) - Alexia, The Undying (3) - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun Cragback & Lug - Colbie Sterling, Captain of the BRI - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios (1) - Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (2) - First Mate Hawk - Gastone Crosse - Glyn Cormier, Illuminated One - Gorman Di Wolfe, Rogue Alchemist - Grand Master Gabriel Throne - Gudrun the Wanderer - Harlan Versh, Illuminated One - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Lord Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ragman - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer - Savio Montero Acosta - Saxon Orrik - Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye - Stannis Brocker - Taryn Di La Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - Thor Steinhammer - Viktor Pendrake - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Flame in the Darkness - Hammer Strike - Llaelese Resistance - Operating Theater - Soldiers of Fortune - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - The Talion Charter|
|This index was last updated: 2019.04|