|We have 1265 articles and 88% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Satyxis Gunslimgers |
Storming the decks of ill-fated ships to the crackle of gunfire and flashes of brilliant green light, Satyxis gunslingers channel their unique blood magic through the barrels of their pistols. As hybrids who combine the dark rites of the Satyxis and the intuitive magic of the gun mage’s art, gunslingers weave fell sorcery to sow death and destruction among the enemy ranks.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model can immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Magelock Pistol (x2) - 10" range, POW 10 ranged attacks
- Damage Type: Magical
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Black Penny - This attack ignores the target in melee DEF bonus.
- Heart Seeker - Gain an additional die on damage rolls resulting from this attack. Discard the lowest die in each roll.
- Feedback - If this weapon damages a warjack that is part of a battlegroup, the warjack's controller suffers 1 damage point.
- Horns - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee attack
- Other Factions
No changes since 2017.11
Thoughts on Satyxis Gunslingers
Satyxis Gunslingers in a nutshell
Satyxis Gunslingers are a highly fragile units with decent shooting ability. However, they provide Cryx with a great deal of utility, which alone can be enough to justify their inclusion to several lists.
POW 10 shots may pale in comparison to the firepower in other factions, but other factions do not readily have the access to ARM debuffs that Cryx does.
Combos & Synergies
- Skarre2: Her Black Spot spell can double the number of ranged attacks you get.
- Any Parasite caster can let them trigger their Feedback ability reliably.
- Satyxis Raider Captain gives them immunity to knockdown, although that won't come up too often on a ranged unit.
- Severa Blacktide gives them Gun & Run, making them much more mobile.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They're pricey for single-wound models, and pretty much any hit will kill them. In fact it can actually be difficult to find a hit that won’t kill them on average rolls.
Tricks & Tips
- Your guns are almost always better in melee than your horns.
- If you get a free strike vs a target you have almost no hopes of damaging with your gun, use the horns and hope for a critical knockdown.
- Released in Prime Mk3 (2016)
Other Cryx models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters