|We have 1159 articles and 85% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
The consecrated colossals of the Protectorate of Menoth are towering masterpieces of faith and war. The Revelator strips away the obscuring magic of profane casters and scorches the earth to leave nothing but ashes behind.
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules (click the link for full details).
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Feretory - As long as its 'S' system isn't disabled, a Revelator ignores concealment and stealth, and its weapons deal Magical Damage.
- Conflagrator (x2) - 10" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 guns.
- Damage Type: Fire - This weapon does fire damage.
- Burning Ground - If the Revelator directly hits an enemy with this weapon, the AOE remains in play for one round as a hazard. Models without Flight that walk around in it suffer a POW 12 fire damage roll and continuous fire.
- Critical Continuous Fire - A model critically hit by this attack is set on fire. A model on fire suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll each turn until the fire expires.
- Light Bringer (x2) - 14" range, POW 12 guns.
- Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 21 melee weapons.
2018.07 Exemplar Errata
- Gained +1 SPD (to match the changes to the Judicator).
Thoughts on Revelator
Revelator in a nutshell
The Revelator is your toolbox colossal, with a bit of board controlling potential on its main guns, and some nice added utility in the form of Stealth removal for your army. Boasting the same melee prowess as the Judicator (Sans Reliquary), its ranged firepower is much more significant. Menoth artificers removed the flame throwers along with the rocket pods, and duct-taped 2 Vanquisher-like main guns, and 2 Reckonereqsue cannons. Thus, the Revelator's overall firepower equals of a large battlegroup, all by itself. Thanks to Feretory, it can remove Stealth from crucial opposing models to the rest of your army. It is also a great addition to your list in a Menoth mirror-match, as Passage from your opponent's Choir means nothing.
Combos & Synergies
Usual caveat for things that enhance warjacks:
- The true-and-tested trio of Choir, Vassal Mechanik, and Vassal of Menoth
- The Deliverer Arms Master allows it to launch its Conflagrator shots beyond screening models. This can become especially important against certain armies, since due to Feretory models with Stealth can block its LOS.
- Anyone who can further enhance its ARM (Defender's Ward, Inviolable Resolve and the like).
- Battlegroup and force multipliers (Incite, Brand of Heresy, Crusaders' Call, Manifest Destiny, Eye of Menoth, etc.)
- Universal de-buffs (Death Sentence)
- Speed Buffs (Redline, Escort)
Special mention to Amon, who can buff speed, attack and ARM on the colossal. Fortify offers a nice big area, where you can defend your troops from knock down effects and pushes. However, he still prefers his battlegroup to include multiple warjacks for pulling off Synergy chains, and more jacks mean more "free" focus from Power-up.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Very low DEF, great starting point for electro leaps, Spine Bursts, and the like.
- Light Bringer will remove Stealth from only a single model in a unit. It's strong enough to kill most of the squishier targets outright, so the rest of your army still have to shoot against Stealth on such models.
Tricks & Tips
- Basic order-of-activation advice: shoot with the Light Bringer first against a heavy with Stealth, then with the Conflagrators to prevent auto-miss.
- Burning Ground requires direct hit on enemy models. Aim for low DEF targets to trigger the AoE, which might potentially deter lighter models lingering nearby.
- The rules were first published in Warmachine: Reckoning (2015)
- Released November 22, 2017
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate models