|We have 1213 articles and 91% are complete!||Please help us finish these articles (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
|Crucible Guard Assault Troopers (one year review)||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc (one year review)||Cinerators CA (one year review)||Exemplar Warder (one year review)|
| Reckoner |
The Reckoner was heralded as the first warjack entirely of Menite design. It lights the way for the faithful with its cannon as it charges across the battlefield and then smashes anything still standing with its club. Based on the same design, the Castigator brings Menoth’s Fury to its enemies with its flaming fists and the ability to ignite the surrounding air with flesh-cremating heat. The Sanctifier is employed in battle to ensure the spirits of the righteous are ushered to Urcaen; as battle wears on, it becomes a vessel for Menite souls, fueling its power even as it protects the righteous.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Ashen Veil - This model has concealment. Living enemy models without Fire immunity suffer -2 to attack rolls while within 2" of this model.
- Condemner - 12" range, POW 14 ranged weapon.
- Critical Continuous Fire - A model critically hit by this attack is set on fire. A model on fire suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll each turn until the fire expires.
- Damage Type: Fire - This weapon does fire damage.
- Flare - Models hit by this weapon/attack lose Stealth and suffer -2 DEF for one turn.
- Consecrator - 2" reach, POW 6, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Exemplar Interdiction. Reckoners gain Blessed weapons in this theme.
- Guardians of the Temple
- The Creator's Might
- The Faithful Masses. Reckoners gain Hand of Vengeance in this theme.
- Warriors of the Old Faith. Reckoners can be "shared" by Khador warcasters in this theme.
- Hearts of Darkness. Reckoners can only go in this theme if Feora (1), (2), or (3) is leading the army. They become an Infernal warjack and gain Accumulator [Soulless] in this theme.
Thoughts on the Reckoner
Reckoner in a nutshell
The Reckoner is a mixed ranged-and-melee 'jack, with more evasion than might be expected for something of its size. A jack of all trades and master of none - but all trades are good.
Combos & Synergies
As mentioned in drawbacks, below, the Reckoner needs to hit a Stealthed model to make it lose Stealth. So, a good synergy is with models that can buff the Reckoner to ignore Stealth before it shoots:
- Rhoven can give it Eyeless Sight for one turn.
- Durant2 gives True Sight to all models in his battlegroup, all the time.
- Durst1 can bring them up to defense 14 against living and shooting if theyre B2B with another warjack in his battlegroup.
- Harbinger1 has Awe, which stacks with Ashen Veil and Crusader's Call to speed up the jack.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Reckoner itself doesn't ignore Stealth, and the gun requires you to hit a model to remove Stealth.
- This means the stealth-removal part of the Flare is only relevant if you're already within 5" of the target and you want to strip Stealth for other models in the army to attack the same target, or if you give it a "ignore Stealth" buff before it shoots.
Tips & Tricks
- As with most warjacks, the Reckoner does substantially more damage in melee than it does at range.
- Ashen Veil affects enemy models whether they're attacking the Reckoner or not. In a pinch, you can stand near your warcaster so that if someone charges the caster they're caught in your Veil.
- If you can, jam him down the throat of some living Gunfighters. If they try to shoot you in melee they'll suffer -2 to their attack rolls, and you still benefit from concealment vs their ranged attack. Putting you at an effective DEF 14!
- Use the Reckoners canon to soften up a target you want your Crusaders to charge. The target being at -2 DEF and the extra points of damage caused, can help ensure that the Crusader will finish off an enemy 'jack in one turn.
- The Reckoner makes a great second wave 'jack. With its 2" range to reach hidden 'casters plus Ashen Veil, it will affect Warcasters far better than 'jacks.
- Released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
- The Reckoner is sold as a plastic multi-set with options to assemble a Castigator or Sanctifier.
- During Mk2 the Reckoner was, by far, the most popular warjack for Menoth players. It had an extremely low points cost relative to the weapons/abilities it had at the time.
Other Protectorate Models