From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Razor Wall)
| Razor Wall
|Place a wall template anywhere completely within the caster's control range where it does not touch a model, obstruction or obstacle. Any model entering or ending its activation in the template takes 1 point of damage.
||Edit this spell template
Rules Clarification : Razor Wall (Edit)
- The template is not "Wall terrain" and will not provide cover or block charges.
Hazard templates and "non-hazard" damage templates
- What's a "non-hazard"? Well, most templates that deal damage to models that walk into them are defined as 'Hazards' but some, like Creeping Barrage and Wall of Fire, are not.
They behave similarly, but a Hazard is classified as a type of terrain and also will only have a Damage Type if it says it does (it doesn't inherit a Damage Type from the gun/spell that put them into play).
- Damage templates from spells:
- Spells which leave a template and are not described as a hazard will do magical damage to models that walk around in them. (Example: Razor Wall)
- Spells which leave a template and are hazards will not do magical damage to models that walk around in them. Instead, they do whatever damage type is specified by the spell description. (Example: Breath of Corruption).
- (Infernal Ruling)
- Some spells do both. They aren't labelled as a hazard, so it does magical damage, and also they specify another damage type. For example, Wall of Fire.
- A model which is "placed" also counts as "entering" an area, so the hazard will damage any one who teleports/spawns into it, too.
- If two hazard templates are overlapping, a model that enters them will take two points of damage.
- Damage from a hazard is not from an attack (so won't trigger stuff like Vengeance).
- Damage from a hazard is not considered to be from the weapon/spell that originally put it into play (so it doesn't gain the Damage Type or any other special rules of the weapon/spell).
Pages in category "Razor Wall"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.