From LOS Warmachine University
(Redirected from Ranking Officer)
| Ranking Officer - While this model is in play, models in its unit are _ models instead of Mercenary models.
|| Edit description
Rules Clarification: : Ranking Officer (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
- If a Ranking Officer with its own subtype joins a unit then that unit doesn't become the same subtype.
For example, if Murdoch, who is a Trencher model, joins a mercenary unit that will not make that merc unit a "Trencher unit". Refer the final paragraph of 'Game Terms, Model Names & Rules References'.
- A Ranking Officer can join a Weapon Crew unit, even though one model is on a large base, due to them having the Man-Sized rule. (Infernal Ruling)
- Models added to the merc unit after the game starts are also friendly Faction (ie Alexia1 adding Risen).
- You cannot attach more than one CA to a unit.
- You can't add a Ranking Officer to a unit that already acts as a Partisan for your Faction.
- Gaining abilities
- The Ranking Officer benefits from any Granted or Tactics that the 'normal' officer hands out (such as Cylena1 giving her unit Hunter).
- Unlike a normal Officer, a Ranking Officer cannot issue special orders that the unit has but he does not (such as the High Shield's "Shield Wall" order).
This means you can't use that order at all until the Ranking Officer dies, but once he's dead it's fine to use.
- If you add a RO to a unit with Ambush, the RO can Ambush too. (Locked thread)
- Ranking Officer death
- The merc unit will immediately lose any friendly-Faction "auras" (such as Stryker's +5 ARM feat).
- The merc unit will keep any friendly-Faction spells that were cast on them specifically, until that spell naturally expires. You can pay to maintain a faction-only upkeep on the mercs, for example.
- If the merc unit is supplying a buff to 'friendly-Faction' models, that buff will immediately 'swap Factions' too.
For instance, if Lady Aiyana casts Kiss of Lyliss it will affect models that are currently the same Faction as her, not whatever was friendly-Faction at the time she cast it. (Infernal Ruling)
- If the Merc unit got a Faction-specific theme benefit (such as Cygnar models getting Immmunity Electricity in Storm Division) then they keep that benefit even after the Ranking Officer dies. (Infernal Ruling)
- 'Jack Marshal & Ranking Officer (Edit)
- If a Ranking Officer joins a unit with the 'Jack Marshal ability, then they can still only take Mercenary warjacks - they don't gain access to Faction warjacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- They can control that mercenary warjack as normal, even though they're technically no longer the same faction as the jack. (Infernal Ruling)
Note to Editors
To use this template you need to add the model type. Example
Ranking Officer - While this model is in play, models in its unit are Cephalyx models instead of Mercenary models.
Pages in category "Ranking Officer"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.