Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger
|Please help review these models: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger |
The mechanik known as Raluk Moorclaw has a knack for fixing complex machinery, but his heart hungers for combat. His appetite for violence led him to embrace the life of a mercenary, where he applies his mechanikal talents to maintaining and commanding warjacks and willingly throws himself into combat alongside them, battle axe in hand.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Raluk
- 3 Other
|Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger|
- 'Jack Marshal
- Drive: Assault - When a warjack under this model's control begins a charge while in its command range, the warjack gains Assault when resolving the charge.
- Iron Sentinel - While B2B with a friendly Faction warjack, this model gains +2 DEF and ARM and cannot become knocked down.
- Mechanikally Adept - This model can target non-Faction models with Repair special actions.
- Repair [d6] (★ Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction construct model. If the model is in range, remove d6 damage points from it.
- Other Factions
- Infernal players can use this model in the Hearts of Darkness theme, but only if Crosse2 is leading the army.
- Trollblood players can use this model in the Vengeance of Dhunia theme.
- Furthermore, Mercenary/Minion models can be hired by other Factions. Normally those Factions' themes will have a limit on how many models they can hire. Refer to #Other Theme Forces, below.
2021.10 (Rebalancepocalypse): -2 points
Thoughts on Raluk
Raluk in a nutshell
Moorclaw is a jack marshal who can repair constructs, no matter what faction he is with. He also works best with warjacks with guns because he gives them Assault. He was likely envisioned as a neat way to allow warjacks in Hordes armies, but that doesn't make it a good idea.
Combos & Synergies
- Raluk and the Gobber Tinker are the only models with Repair available to Minions and Trollbloods. So if you've got constructs, you might want Raluk.
Thoughts on Warjacks to Marshal
- In fact the Rover and Swabber jacks are about the only Mercenary Jack that can really capitalize on getting Assault from Raluk.
- In Vengeance of Dhunia he can bring Scallywag or Rocinante and they turn into Minion/Trollblood models. This makes them eligible for the Krielstone and Pyre Troll buffs, so you can get a surprising amount of value out of Scally especially as he can attack 5 times (2 initials, one Point Blank attack, one Assault shot, one extra Crush! attack), with Gang Fighter, Flaming Fists +2 to melee damage rolls from Crush! and +1 STR from the Stone.
- Shae, Lanyssa, Grissel1 or Kolgrimma provide a free charge to his jack so it can Crush!
- A Toro gives you access to Princess Delores while giving her a hardy model to protect her.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- If he's not running the Rover with Magnus1, he's a below-average 'jack marshal and expensive as mechanics go. You could get a Gobber Tinker for half the price.
- His gun is short ranged and he has to play forward.
- Jack Marshals are vulnerable to spot removal and their jacks fear blind, knockdown and stationary.
- While it can be cute to bring a merc jack with him to a trollblood army, it can't benefit from most warlock buffs.
Tricks & Tips
- He may have tough, but he isn't that tough; while his 'jack is in play it is best to keep him safe and make the occasional repair or potshot.
- While it's an expensive choice to include in a Trollbloods force, bringing him and a Swabber is a good idea if you're running a lot of melee fighters. The Swabber functions like a mobile bunker, granting immunity to blast damage and knockdown to the trolls around it (while Raluk keeps it repaired), and its harpoon can be used to drag enemy models out of formation and into their melee range.
Released in Warmachine: Vengeance (2014)
Warjacks he can take
With the way Mercenary battlegroups work, this model can't simply control any Mercenary warjack, and instead is limited to the following choices:
|Mercenary Warjacks (Human) (Edit)|
|Light||Buccaneer - Renegade (Magnus only) - Scallywag - Swashbuckler - Talon - Vanguard|
|Heavy||Freebooter - Gallant - Mangler - Mariner - Mule - Nomad - Rocinante - Rover - Toro - Swabber|
|Colossal||Blockader - Galleon|
- Note: Other restrictions may apply, such as 'Jack Marshals can't control Colossals, character warjacks aren't allowed in most theme forces, etc.
Other Theme Forces
Other Faction models
|Minion Index (Edit)|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Solos||Farrow||Agata, Queen of Carnage - Farrow Sapper - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
Barnabas0 - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Bone Shrine - Croak Hunter - Flugwug the Filcher - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor - Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Underchief Mire - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Alten Ashley - Boomhowler2 - Boomhowler3 - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Death Archon - Dhunian Archon - Efaarit Scout - Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - Feralgeist - Flubbin1 - Flubbin2 & Dreyfus2 - Flugwug the Filcher - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gubbin1 - Gubbin2 & Dez2 - Gudrun1 - Gudrun2 - Hermit of Henge Hold - Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter - J.A.I.M.s - Kogan the Exile - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Ledfoot & Tredz - Malvin2 - Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - Ogrun Bokur - Raluk Moorclaw, the Ironmonger - Primal Archon - Pyg Tank - Saxon Orrik - Scythe - Swamp Gobber Chef - Swamp Gobber River Raiders - Thamarite Advocate - The Wastelander - Thrullg - Totem Hunter - Tubbin - Viktor Pendrake - Void Archon - Weird Wendell
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Independent Warjack||Malvin1 & Mayhem1|
|Minion - Theme Forces|
|Minion Faction Themes (Edit)||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Vengeance of Dhunia - Will Work for Food|
|Unlimited Minions themes(Edit)||Disciples of Agony (Skorne) - Oracles of Annihilation (Legion) - Secret Masters (Circle)|
|This index was last updated: 2021.11|
Step 1: Declare the charge
Step 2: Move the charging model
Step 3: Make the ranged attack
Step 4: After finishing the Assault attack