|We have 1297 articles and 90% are complete!||Please help review these models from 12+ months ago: (and/or the rest)||(Edit)|
| Purifier |
Faith alone is insufficient to protect the faithful. Thus, the Devout was built to guard the Protectorate’s leaders from heretics and engraved with holy inscriptions to protect its controller from accursed magic. The Dervish, on the other hand, is a divinely inspired weapon that uses its chassis’ unparalleled reflexes wholly for offense. The Purifier, crafted as a literal interpretation of wrathful scripture, has a singular drive to eradicate unbelief through the cleansing fires of the Creator.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy. Click the link for a full run-down.
- Immunity: Fire
- Flame Trail - When this model advances into B2B contact with an enemy model during its activation, the enemy model suffers the Continuous Fire effect.
- Overtake - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1".
- Ashen Veil - This model has concealment. Living enemy models without Immunity: Fire suffer -2 to attack rolls while within 2" of this model.
- Immolator (x2) - 1" range, POW 4, P+S 13 melee weapons.
- Continuous Fire
- Chain Weapon
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly toward it.
No changes since 2018.07
Thoughts on Purifier
Purifier in a nutshell
The Purifier is an anti-infantry second cousin to the Dervish, cutting through infantry and setting them on fire. Anti light 'jack capability too, ignoring shields and causing continuous damage.
Combos & Synergies
Other than the obvious Choir of Menoth for extra damage, there's a few casters with real synergy:
- Feora, Protector of the Flame loves more things being set on fire.
- Sovereign Tristan Durant and High Allegiant Amon Ad'Raza both like jacks they can damage buff.
- Durst1 can bring it up to DEF 17 against living models
- High Exemplar Cyrenia makes Purifiers effective DEF 17 on feat turn, and they also make great Positive Charge targets with beat back.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Dervish is cheaper, generally better at getting places (it can even walk behind shields) and better against the jacks and beasts common in the current metagame (the Purifier prefers infantry)
Tricks & Tips
- Let it burn. The Purifier can set on fire what it doesn't kill.
Other Protectorate models